Turb02

What size fuel line?

16 posts / 1364 viewsLast Reply

I am converting to fuel injection and turbo'ing the 02 and will be replacing the fuel lines (both return and feed) but dont know what size for either.

Thanks in advance

Guest Anonymous

1/4 or 5/16" would be fine for most unless your turbo setup is going to be pushing a lot of hp?

Well Im looking to get close to 300. I have heard that 5/16 will suffice but I want to make sure

Guest Anonymous

ohhh so you do want some hp - I'd go 3/8" and fogeddabout it

I am converting to fuel injection and turbo'ing the 02 and will be replacing the fuel lines (both return and feed) but dont know what size for either.

Thanks in advance

Wow, what sort of turbo are you going with? I'm slowly gearing up to turbo charge my 02, but am going with something a bit more modest and shooting for the 200 mark...

5/16" is good for 350hp. over that go 3/8"

Thanks in advance

Wow, what sort of turbo are you going with? I'm slowly gearing up to turbo charge my 02, but am going with something a bit more modest and shooting for the 200 mark...

HX35

5/16th stainless?

Thanks in advance

HX35

Cool. I'm very interested to see how your project progresses.

Thanks in advance

HX35

yeah me too. Istopped by the mechanic today and all he has done with my head was move it from the office to the work bench in the back. all the parts are still in the boxes in the office. That made me very upset.

Thanks in advance

HX35

yeah me too. Istopped by the mechanic today and all he has done with my head was move it from the office to the work bench in the back. all the parts are still in the boxes in the office. That made me very upset.

What is the build plan? What sort of injectors are you using, intercooler, etc?

FMIC

dual springs

race prepped rockers

+1 valves, 3 angle grind

rocker locks

flat top forged pistons 91mm

8.5 cr

injectors are still up in the air as im not sure on the size.

= length exhaust mani (split flange)

5 speed swap

either a welded diff or 320is

I have a big list of parts. Virtually the motor will be new as I am replacing everything but the rods and crank but they will be fluxed and shot peened respectivly.

FMIC

dual springs

race prepped rockers

+1 valves, 3 angle grind

rocker locks

8.5 cr

5 speed swap

I have a big list of parts. Virtually the motor will be new as I am replacing everything but the rods and crank but they will be fluxed and shot peened respectivly.

Hey mate - im doing a similar build. Smaller turbo though (Garrett GT2860RS). Just a couple of Q's...

Intake manifold?

Fuel rail?

Brakes?

EFI?

Spark?

Fuel pump?

Sorry for the barrage...

Cheers,

Tom

FMIC

dual springs

race prepped rockers

+1 valves, 3 angle grind

rocker locks

8.5 cr

5 speed swap

Hey mate - im doing a similar build. Smaller turbo though (Garrett GT2860RS). Just a couple of Q's...

Intake manifold?

Fuel rail?

Brakes?

EFI?

Spark?

Fuel pump?

Sorry for the barrage...

Cheers,

Tom

No problem on the questions. My project is just that...a project and the wife dictates when I can spend the money (we have a 11.5 month old and Im remodeling our house so we can move)

318 intake and fuel rail, coolant bypass and waterneck

Brakes will be either a BBK or volvo front and VW rear

SDS for fuel and spark

Fuel pump will probably be a Walbro 255 lph utilizing a fuel cell most likely but not certain on using a cell yet.

Im sure, if you give me your email address, I can find/send you my excel spreadsheet for the general list of parts that is going under the hood (minus all the little things like hoses, brake lines, clamps, T bolt clamps, fittings, etc...). All the major components for an engine rebuild and brake/ suspension upgrade are listed out and the website I can get them from, for the most part anyways

5/16th stainless?

thats what i used. 2- 25 foot lengths of 5/16 stainless from summit. i ran feed and return lines in parallel under the car. you could use aluminum to make it easier. the stainless isnt that hard to bend but its a bitch to flare depending on what connections you plan on. you need a quality flare tool to do it