Sign in to follow this  
Tiger75

Anybody used this for oil tempt and pressure senders?

4 posts / 860 viewsLast Reply

Did it work?

Oil Filter Adaptor Plate

This is a great product to make installing your Oil Pressure and Oil Temperature senders easy. This plate screws on under your oil filter and it has 4 1/8"NPT fittings. So, no more drilling and taping holes. Just unsrew your oil filter, screw the plate down in the same manner as you would install your oil filter, and then screw your oil filter back on and install our Oil Pressure or Oil Temperature senders. Comes with 4 plugs and instructions. The plate can even be rotated 360 degrees give you the most room to install the senders.

http://prosportgauges.com/oil-filter-adaptor-plate.aspx

where the highest pressure exists, 'cause it's just downstream from the oil pump.

The factory stuck the sender unit up in the head (at the far end) for a reason--if your oil pressure drops, you have a warning from gauge or light before damage can be done to the bearings. With the sender unit at the filter, you're liable to have bearing damage before you notice dropping pressure...

mike

Guest Anonymous

... like I do. My idiot light sender is still at the back of the head, but my (mechanical) oil pressure pickup is at the remote filter, where it reads 90 psi at 4000 rpm at normal oil temperature (about 200 degrees).

While the car's warming up, I shift by the oil pressure gauge, not the tach.

David Roach

"Molly" (Inka 1973 2002)

"Nick" (Schwartz 2004 330xi)

While this is true for the m10 the s14 and many other engines have the sensor at the filter head I do believe. Just throwing this out for discussion.