dhs

SteveK question about your wheel/tire clearance issues

6 posts / 871 viewsLast Reply

Steve,

Do you have clearance issues with the nose or firewall/footwell when turning with your current wheel/tire combo? How about with your previous 13" 'group buy' wheel setup? Was anything done to increase clearance in the firewall/footwell areas?

thanks

the current set up increased the turning radius dramatically. the tires rub agians the back of the wheel well. i am not allowed to do any modification there, so that is the way it will stay. There was some rubbing in the same spot with 13x7.5 wheels on 225/50R13 tires, but not as much. Neither is noticeable when on racing. Getting to e starting line can be a problem some times.

steve k.

steve1.jpg

275/35R15 on 15x10 wheel

Guest Anonymous

thanks steve

The back of the wheel well can be 'clearanced' just a bit more with a few slight taps from a small sledge. It's pretty hollow and it just takes a couple whacks.... not sure if thats legal or not for FSP... but yeah i did it. :)

The back of the wheel well can be 'clearanced' just a bit more with a few slight taps from a small sledge. It's pretty hollow and it just takes a couple whacks.... not sure if thats legal or not for FSP... but yeah i did it. :)

Kevin, the modification you are talking about is not made with the BFH but by "the wheel constantly rubbing on the metal and slightly modifying it"

Street Prepared does not allow any body modification behind the face of the hub where the wheel mounts. Modifications are allowed in front of it.

steve k.

so are you saying its allowed if you let the wheel hit against it until it bends it inward itself? but its not allowed if you modify it by hand?

I only had the need to do it when I ran a friends' 15s with big offset.

I have no intention of ever running national level events, so it doesn't much matter to me...but yes it matters for you, Steve. Heck, I'm running E-Prepared anyways these days for laughs.

Oh, and I talked to Jason Tipple a couple weeks ago. He occasionally shows up for our local events. That car he won with is Nick Newcome's daily driver... Jason's just that good of a driver.

He said he has his doubts about the legality of Mannix's car, but he doesn't really care.