• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Part ID

I know y'all can identify this part. What is this thing called and what is the part number.

A few years ago I noticed the stem on top was craked at the base. Did a little JB Weld fix. But that is coming up. Would like to get a new one. But without a part number it near to impossible for my local BMW to look up parts. The whole 2002 thing throws them off, they think its the year. Also, me telling them its a vacuum thing does not help.

Thanks

post-2554-1366759174555_thumb.jpg

1975 2002A VIN 2380612

https://www.bmw2002faq.com/registry/ - Register your car!

According to the Real OEM site: CARBURETOR DIDTA VALVE 1 04/1971 07/1977 PN 13311259194 $106.30. Also commonly known as the fuel return valve. Price is usually not correct but close. Also noticed the jump wings , when did you go thru jump school?

Earl

74 02Lux

02 M Roadster

72 Volvo 1800ES

74 02Lux

15 M235i

72 Volvo 1800ES

People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf." -- George Orwell

Thanks for the part number. I will order the part today.

I went through Airborne School at Ft. Benning in 1986. I just got back into the Army Reserves in January after a twenty year break in service. My unit is the 345th Psyop Co. (ABN) and I did my first jump after 20 years about two weekends ago. I am still sore.

The plates are from the Texas DMV. You send them your DD214 & Jump school cert and they will issue these plates.

1975 2002A VIN 2380612

https://www.bmw2002faq.com/registry/ - Register your car!

ummm, shouldn't be important at all... I think its only one of the contraptions involved in the emissions system... most people on here have removed all that stuff, so thats why you can't find much info. Most of us have no clue how the emissions system is supposed to work.

Unless you have a 1976 and live in California, none of that junk is important. But if you're in Texas with a 75, I suspect you can yank all that crap out of there and forget it... If you're just worried about that valve, I'd atleast seal off any open passages to prevent any fuel or vacuum leaks...

Bring a Welder

1974 2002, 1965 Datsun L320 truck, 1981 Yamaha XS400, 1983 Yamaha RX50, 1992 Miata Miata drivetrain waiting on a Locost frame, 1999 Toyota Land Cruiser

Kfunk is right reference the need for that item. Most folks ditched it years ago when changing to the popular Weber 32/36. I have not had one on my car since giving up the OEM Solex 32/32 DIDTA carb and all the emissions bits...Chuck it and run the fuel line directly from the output of the pump to the carb inlet taking care not to induce any sharp kinks in your fuel line. Plug the fuel return line and the vacuum line that connects to the offending valve.

Airborne...I went through jump school June 1973 and was assigned to the 101st prior to the division being removed to jump status. Made the last jump with them in 1974. Nothing like getting you knees in the breeze...All the Way.

Earl

74 02Lux

15 M235i

72 Volvo 1800ES

People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf." -- George Orwell