miilor

bmw e30 gear box /2002 tii

5 posts / 1274 viewsLast Reply

hello, pardon by my English but use a translator on line. It is difficult in Spain to find a gear box of 5v e21 for the 2002, but are many of bmw e30 318i, that it is possible to be used but there is a problem with speedo? as this can be solved? I have seen something on modifying speedo, is possible?

Hi

It is indeed possible to modify the 318i gearbox to access the mechanical speedo gears. I have to find the link. I will post it when I get it.

Lee

Here's a thread on the E9 board where a machinist custom made a tool for the job. It's for M30 based gearboxes but probably a similar job for the E30 M10 box.

You can not change the E30 318 transmission to use a speedometer cable. You would have to convert to an electric speedometer and make a signal pickup that was installed on the driveshaft.

The others who wrote are thinking of different transmissions.