Armond

Any Dashboard Gurus?

5 posts / 1182 viewsLast Reply

I just removed a 2 piece dash and replaced it with a 1 piece. I now see a gap between the windshield weather strip and the dash. Will the rubber subside and conform to the dash or did I miss anything. Thanks.

Supposedly there are two different winsheild seals out there. One for the early cars and one for the later cars with the one piece dashes. There should be an extra 'lip' on the bottom edge of the gasket to help cover that gap.

The slippery slope. Just gonna change this one part...yeah, right.

Supposedly there are two different winsheild seals out there. One for the early cars and one for the later cars with the one piece dashes. There should be an extra 'lip' on the bottom edge of the gasket to help cover that gap.

The slippery slope. Just gonna change this one part...yeah, right.

I was afraid someone would say that....ooops, honey, I need a new windshield.

Thanks Steve.

No. You don't need a new windshield... just yet.

First- you have to get the new windsheild seal to fill in the gap.

Second- well, you'll have to get a new lock strip cuz the old one may be brittle and not work.

Third- If you are going through the trouble of all this, you should probably just replace the glass now, rather than spending the money for a seal and lockstrip all over again.

This is the equivilant of my wife saying something was 'on sale'.

BTW...the front glass and seal and lockstrip will look all nice, but the rear will look poor. Hmmm...

BTW...the front glass and seal and lockstrip will look all nice, but the rear will look poor. Hmmm...

This is the logic that led me to where I am today...