• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

SoCal Sunday drive Lotsa Pics..

InkaSteve

SoCal Vintage BMW Angeles Crest Drive. Pics for those who weren't there. Beautiful day, great drive.

My day started 90 miles away at 6 AM. Early morning fog.

01MorningFog.jpg

Met up with Pierre half way there. Empty road and early morning sun over Los Angeles 7:30 AM.

02LABasin.jpg

Group gathered at John Barlow's house and headed out 8:30 AM.

03Headout.jpg

04Headout.jpg

Regroup up the canyon, and inspect everyone's rides.

05Regroup.jpg

06Regroup.jpg

07Regroup.jpg

08Regroup.jpg

09.jpg

10.jpg

Drive on, sharing the road with the 2 Wheeled enthusiasts.

11Sharetheroad.jpg

Everyone eventually gathered to share stories of making the wrong turns.

12Turnaround.jpg

13Turnaround.jpg

14.jpg

15Lotsabikes.jpg

16Lotsabikes.jpg

17Talktalk.jpg

18Talktalk.jpg

19Noses.jpg

Back down the hill. Sorry for the blur, hard to hit the apex and also shoot pics.

20HeadedBack.jpg

21HeadedBack.jpg

22HeadedBack.jpg

Final group portrait before enjoying John's delicious BBQ.

23LastStop.jpg

Much thanks to Jeff, John, and John's wife for a wonderful day. And for everyone in Southern California....Don't miss the next one.

Steve

Sm2o.jpg

1974 Inka 1802 Touring, New Daily Driver

1976 Inka 2002 Original Owner (adopted by Scott B.)

My Roundies are bigger than yours

Nice pics Steve,

It was a really nice drive. Weather was BEAUTIFUL. Surprisingly uncrowded, except for the sloooowwwww bikers!

Thanks Jeff and John for organizing. Looking forward to the next one!

John Capoccia

Sierra Madre, CA

Gee, my favorite part of the country. I was just in Laguna and Newport, two weeks ago.

Great turnout - what's your secret? I'm envious. As you can see, I have trouble even getting a response (only two replies), let alone, getting a drive (or event) together. I've tried everything - cool food (everything from crab cakes to great BBQ), cool places (OC, and a multi-million dollar beach house (not mine)), cool threads (a dress code, including Zoot Suits), even Jesse Jane. No takers. My favorite excuse - "The price of gas." But I paid $4.89 for regular in San Jose - and only slightly less in OC. And look at your turnout. Gas can't be the reason - and I shower regularly, so it can't be B.O.

http://www.bmw2002faq.com/component/option,com_forum/Itemid,50/page,viewtopic/t,307674/

As noted, I'm envious. BTW, no pink 'Vette - Angelyne a no-show?

Number of excuses, but the #1 being I have a 2 week old at home and am trying to keep the wife and 4 year old happy. That and the Tii isn't running that well (needs a tune). So I would have brought out the CS, and would have been alone! I can't believe no coupes were out there (apologies to the 635)!! Sinful. Love the Lotus. Must be FunElan representing. Can't wait to see that in person. That has always been a dream car for me.

And Otis, I think you have a great plan, and if I weren't in Laguna, I'd be right there!! I was born in Annapolis and spent some good times down in OC when I was living in Suburban DC. Jonesing for the crab parties! If memory serves, I still have a '73 'O2 sitting in a field up in Delaware, so with some fresh gas and some new tires, I could be mobile!! Dreams.......

'73 2002 Tii

'72 3.0 S

'72 3.0 CS (3.5)

'11 X5 35d

Thanks Steve, great photos, and I see some hard work paid off. John H, we're planning an OC drive, so hopefully we'll see you there.....it was a fun day, and I thought I drove fast, but the driving pro's were out on this run....by the time I pulled up to the final lineup the tii's had to kick the cold start valves in. John C, sorry you had to leave early, but always good to see you and I know I'll see you soon, gosh your car is so well put together, I admire your work under the hood a WHOLE lot.......John Barlow was a very gracious, patient host, and his wife Alexis deserves some serious cred...and a gift.....hear that John!!! We'll do more in July....

Jeff

Stay tuned for more of SoCal Vintage BMW
http://www.SoCalVintageBMW.com
BMW CCA Member #423513

wow wow wow. Amazing cars and amazing pics. Yup, I had it all planned until my sister in law's son had to be born on June 29 seven years ago...

Yeah I would have shown pics of my drive as well, but the freeway to riverside was nothing but a stretch of road (with a couple of crying babies in the background and the third asking the classic question...) yeehaw for my Sunday drive.

Next time I'm there FIRST :)

Looks like Jeff D and John B will be organizing some real nice events. I can feel it coming. Although I couldn't make it, I would like to thank them for their time and effort. Its not easy thats for sure.

JohnC: I'm glad your car is back. Looks spectacular as usual.

I hope to God that my car is back in 10 days. This is torture man!

Hamada

70Bristol02 E36M3 E34535im

Wow - great pics, and great cars!

I'll be looking forward to making one of these outings in the future...

'74 Sahara 2002, sunroof/4-spd. (Bought from original owner in 1990)

'66 Mustang Coupe

'70 Mustang Grabber 302

'66 Thunderbird 428 Town Hardtop

Daniel,

Until the 02 is reliable, you are more than welcome to join us in whatever "ride" is running best. Or just meet up with us and hitch a ride in someone elses 02. We are always looking for passengers to share the fun with.

Steve

Sm2o.jpg

1974 Inka 1802 Touring, New Daily Driver

1976 Inka 2002 Original Owner (adopted by Scott B.)

My Roundies are bigger than yours

Daniel,

Until the 02 is reliable, you are more than welcome to join us in whatever "ride" is running best. Or just meet up with us and hitch a ride in someone elses 02. We are always looking for passengers to share the fun with.

Very cool - I appreciate that!

'74 Sahara 2002, sunroof/4-spd. (Bought from original owner in 1990)

'66 Mustang Coupe

'70 Mustang Grabber 302

'66 Thunderbird 428 Town Hardtop

Many thanks to Alexis, John, & Jeff for arranging & hosting the drive & BBQ.

I haven't driven Angeles Crest in several years and I forgot how much fun it is.

Looking forward to more drives in the future.

Andy W.

'72 Tii & '74 Tii

'88 M3 & '91 318is

Yeah, more fun to come, I'm hoping to have the tii out for a shake down on the next run, which I'm cooking up....waiting to hear back on a couple of things, but lets say later in July we'll all be doing it again.....everyone call out their E3, E9 and NK friends for not making it out this time...and that they better get out for the next one!

Jeff

Stay tuned for more of SoCal Vintage BMW
http://www.SoCalVintageBMW.com
BMW CCA Member #423513

I was getting ready to go to Texas for vacation (here now actually). I will try and make the next one...even though I don't think my car is up to the standards seen in the pics.

I know it takes time and money...a little bit at a time.

Gretchen - 1974 Chamonix 2002 Tii: 5spd, Bilsteins, H&R Springs & IE Poly Suspension Bushings, Pierre Front Air Dam, Hella Driving Lights, Blaupunkt Stereo, MB Quart Speakers, Parker Gauge Cluster.