Jared

of all the bad things on a Sunday

4 posts / 845 viewsLast Reply

So Sunday I am working on putting in my six series rear seats and I have the passenger side door open as I go in and out. A guy walking down the street passes by and startles my lab that was sleeping on the lawn. She jumps up and starts barking. The guy stumbles back, half falls into my door which causes it to dent when it swings open. I had just painted this door a few months ago and it is just about killed me to see this happen. I am still upset and trying to figure out if it will be easier to replace the door or fix it. I had also had all the lower trim holes welded too. Of all the bad luck.... I still am having trouble looking at my dog. So if anyone is looking to sell a polaris passenger door or one with the lower trim holes already welded, let me know.

Fiouf... I was half expecting you to be selling the lab at that point... Good luck with the door hunt. Might want to try a body shop to see if its pullable...

I had horrible shop carma this past weekend too. All I had to do was replace one missing bolt that holds the shift linkage support bracket to the tranny. It was one of the worst series of failures and foul circumstances that I have ever been involved with in any capacity. The job is still not done; in fact it is in the same state as before spending days on it. One effing bolt!

Inaccessible work. Tool run for expensive special-reach tools after exhausting my tool supply. Filthy tar everywhere. Numerous misguesses of replacement bolt size, including several misreads of parts list. Runaway dog. Filthy tar everywhere. Acting like psycho in front of brand new neighbors when I finally tracked down dog. One of my misguessed bolts got jammed and easily took one-hour to remove (dremel only would reach 50%). Filthy tar everywhere. Parts run after I finally figured out bolt rqmt, only to find that local stores don't carry metric allen head bolts. Put hole in bottom of laundry sink during one of my tar removal sessions (don't ask). Wifey discovered hole as washwater poured onto her feet. Parts run for laundry sink. Replaced laundry sink. Gave up and reverted back to holding up my shifter with a bungy cord. I have a Plan B, but I'm cooling my heels for a while first.

Hey, shitty days for you guys. That sucks, sorry to hear. I wouldn't blame the pooch if I were you. I'd blame the weak-willed guy that got so scared a barking lab that he falls.... What a milkdud. I mean, who does that? Anyway, your pup didn't cause the damage, and if the guy had any minerals he'd have been OK, so blame him instead.

Well, enough pointlessness.