shipm_8

Cross-country San Francisco to VA, first four days a blast

5 posts / 1089 viewsLast Reply

Thanks for all the help as we were getting ready. Four days down and the trip has been a blast so far. The car is zooming along the beautiful country and we are taking the time to tease lesser cars, most of which don't seem to recognize the little car that passes them. Today we got a thumbs up from a group of Harley riders right after we crossed the Continental Divide—they did recognize the '02.

rte 49 out of Auburn to Sierraville and down to South Lake Tahoe was a great drive, just sad to think of the fires. On the second day, we took rte 50 east through Fallon to Ely. Hot. Rte 93 to Wendover for the second night. I80 to Park City, rte 40 to Heber City where we caught a classic car show before continuing on to Duchesne, Vernal and Craig. Sunday was the big change from dry scenery to Colorado green...rte 40, Steamboat Springs , Walden, Fort Collins, rte 85 to Torrington and Scottsbluff. Just as planned....thanks, Jack!

Weather has been hot, of course, but I've been keeping an eye on the gauges. All conditions normal under the hood. In four days, I have added just a bit of oil. Getting between 25 and 29 mpg. We are loving every minute of this trip, and already thinking about the return trip form VA to California....so much to explore.

William

Nothing like a road trip! They put things into perspective. Very happy it is going well!

grill is all ready to fire up with burgers 'n brats...

02ers in SW OH, if you want to drop in for a cookout, e-mail me for details...

cheers

mike

Long trips in strange cars are great!

Me and My o2 have done a few long drives (FL to Ma) and a few others. I once drove my 73 MG Midget from Ma to Co and back! 4200 rpm was 68 mph.

John