dlhoovler

Finally woke up the '02 today!

5 posts / 1049 viewsLast Reply

Today I finally managed to excavate the Orange Car from its wintering place sideways in my mom's garage. The good news is it fired right up and settled into a good fast idle while I let it warm up. Mice had been in the engine bay, but they don't seem to have messed with any wiring, and there was no nest in the air cleaner. Interior and trunk were fine.

Bad news? A bit more rocker panel rust than I remembered, which will need to be dealt with. A couple small spots on one shock tower, too. Look for a post of photos requesting advice!

Now I just need to find a day when it's not storming to drive the car...

-Dave

You'll see us well before the car, I'm afraid. We're taking our Corolla on our travels this summer. A/C, better gas mileage, and it's actually been driven more than 200 miles in the past three years. Maybe we can slap a Roundel on it Thursday and say it's a long-lost 3-series wagon.

I'll have the Orange Car out this fall, and I have three years' worth of projects saved up for the winter. We're looking forward to this coming weekend's GTG!

-Dave

your not done looking !

Remove the retaining screw for the fuse block and lift it up and

out, and note the jam-packed compartment called MOUSE HEAVEN.

Remove your back seat bottom AND back, and note another

MOUSE HOUSING DEVELOPMENT

Open the glove box, and also look up behind the center consol -

YUP - more MOUSE SLUMS

p.s. - disconnect yer battery before lifting out the fuse block

I THINK the interior is OK, as I left mothballs inside, but I'll look under the fuse block. And I'll poke around the interior too, just to be sure.

-Dave