Guest Anonymous

whats this worth??? turbo

15 posts / 1688 viewsLast Reply

Guest Anonymous

I have an 79 320i with a full hardy & beck turbo kit with a rebuilt motor with lower compression to match the turbo.runs real strong!iI bought the car for the hardy & beck staggered 15" wheels and an electromotive ignition system and was thinking of putting it in my 76 2002 but I already have a fully rebuilt motor with dual carbs and am thinking it might be too much work.let me know what you think.thanks for any input!!!!!!

give us photos first - please

the running gear might be wurth more than the wreck that it resides in.

Mmmmmm....H&B wheels......so very yummy.

Got pictures of the wheels so we can wax nostalgic?

Paul Wegweiser

If ray _koke sees this thread, your going to be harrassed for the next 5+ years to part with those wheels. Just ask HarryPR...

you obviously not in CA, a 76 with dual carbs it would be hard to smog, the turbo probably easier since H&B somehow did it in 79 and had to comply, If it has one of those special smog stickers, then it would have to be transferred to the 76, hard but not impossible. You are sitting in some unique, historical hardware, that is worth some money, I have driven three cars with H&B motors, and they have all been super sweet, extremely smooth and well balanced.. Pictures and location please!

Ok, dibs on the wheels!

Pls email me at ray.koke at gmail...

Cheers,

Ray

If ray _koke sees this thread, your going to be harrassed for the next 5+ years to part with those wheels. Just ask HarryPR...

Guest Anonymous

i dont want to sell the wheels or the electromotive ignition system but I do want to sell the motor and the turbo kit or just the whole car without wheels and the electromotive system.you can drive the car or do any tests you want to the motor to make sure its good to go.the car pulls very well and it has a newer clutch and the tranny shifts good too.the car is in seattle.

Why are you parting out the car?

Those wheels won't fit your 2002 if they are a true E21 the offset.

Car is probably worth more than a standard E21 if its in good shape to the right buyer.

trying to get a good idea on how much its worth before I sell it,I know its pretty rare stuff and it seems to run real strong,the guy I got it from said it was a recent rebuild on the motor but I havent done a compression check yet to verify.I wanted to put the turbo in my 2002 but I have a fresh rebuild with dual webers ect. so it seems like alot of work when I already have a great running car.soooooo....what are you thinking its worth???