• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Oh I'm gonna be in trouble...

bferman

I took the advice of many on this board and put my intake manifold in the dishwasher while the wife is away for the day running errands :)

The good part is that the manifold came out of the dishwasher looking prestine! The bad is that I can't get the damn gas smell out of the dishwasher. I just ran an empty cycle with detergent and it still smells!

The wife will be home in about 6 hrs! What to do!!!

I guess I'll keep cycling the washer until the smell goes away. I fear what mama will do to me if she finds out...

1973 Sahara 2002

1969 Irish Green 911T

Austin, TX

.... "I took the advice of many on this board and put my intake manifold in the dishwasher while the wife is away for the day running errands :)??? " ...

SHE WILL SMELL THE HYDROCARBONS on her cerial bowl

I hear the dish washer will also brighten up a old oil soaked

clutch and flywheel bits like new also.

Gotta go now - I heard there's a nice bridge on the East River

(NYC) that's fun to jump off of.

'86 R65 650cc #6128390 22,000m
'64 R27 250cc #383851 18,000m
'11 FORD Transit #T058971 28,000m "Truckette"
'13 500 ABARTH #DT600282 6,666m "TAZIO"

whatever happens, don't ever tell her the truth! Lie like a rug and play really dumb! I've been happily married for almost 27 years, and there are simply some things the other gender will never understand. She will notice the smell for sure, and you have a big opportunity to be her heroe now, and work to get rid of it, (must have been something in city water) or would you rather be the villain???

FAQ Member # 91

Well the "green friendly" detergent my wife bought is odorless so it's not helping cure my gas smell! I probably should run down and get some toxic detergent that smells like chlorine.

More than likely I'll go with Dubois advice and just play dumb. I'm good at that...

but I must say.. our Bosch dishwasher is one hell of a degreaser. If I can cure this gas smell and get away with this endeavor there will be a lot more parts getting cleaned the next time the wife is away.

but i don't want to get ahead of myself. back to the clean up.

1973 Sahara 2002

1969 Irish Green 911T

Austin, TX

They make a diswasher cleaner that you put in the utensil tray and then run the dishwasher empty. It works great. Go get it now!

And - will the rest of your parts to me. She's gonna kill you.

Or maybe just neuter....

FAQ Member # 2616

"What do you mean NEXT project?"

-- My wife.