Guest Anonymous

BMW ALPINA 2002 - "Nose Job"

5 posts / 2304 viewsLast Reply

Guest Anonymous

I was up in Sonoma today to have a look at my car as it has been a while, I will be bringing it back home next week or the week after. Essentially all the work that needed doing is done (for this round). The new "Euro" nose is on with a bit of work. Last thing to do is a few hours aligning the front suspension so that when I get it back home I can go back to work on the fenders. Since the front suspension is fully adjustable you can adjust it in any direction up/down/sideways about 2", cant have it be off and make the fenders correctly. I am going to make the rough shapes (to about 90% complete) and then the car will go back up north to have one of Roger's associates finish off the shape, make the mold and then the part.

Nose with the start of one of the fenders-no "snorkel" or rather snorkel removed

323064124.jpg

Frontal shot of nose with fender

323064134.jpg

A great example of why you pay professionals to do one off work like this. The nose had to be cut and then filled with this sheet metal due to the size of the front wheels (11x15) in that they wouldn't clear this part of the original structure.

323063868.jpg

"Snorkeless"

323063864.jpg

Side shot of nose on.

323064131.jpg

Guest Anonymous

always love to see your updates too. thanks for sharing.

can wait to see this car finished. I'm lucky to live close. Maybe I even get to drive it :) what the target date to be finished?

Guest Anonymous

Thanks for the eye candy...