Luckyz02

question what is better for dizzy to use for 318i swap?

4 posts / 816 viewsLast Reply

What is better to us the 318i distributor or the stock 02 distributor with petronix for the 318i fuel injection?

If you can use the 318 distributor, it would be best. You can also use a 002 or 008 as they are close in the advance curve. A stock carb distributor from an 02 is way off on the advance curve for what the EFI wants.

I ended up using an Electromotive DIS system that is tunable and it works quite well.

What is better to us the 318i distributor or the stock 02 distributor with petronix for the 318i fuel injection?

If it's Megasquirt, go with Ford EDIS and get rid of the distributor. It's tunable, reliable and freaking awesome.

Otherwise, what modifications have been done to your motor? Are you using a stock 318i M10? Or did you bolt the 318i manifold and such up to the 2002 M10?

I have a 318i manifold and I have a stage II korman motor that I will be putting into my car