76duece

Suggestions on Catch can

11 posts / 2265 viewsLast Reply

Looking for a nice simple catch can. I tried running the hose down under the car, but the motor has some blow-by, some it makes the under carrige slimey, and I spent all winter putting a nicely painted, refurbished drivetrain and subframes, so no slime under there. Tried using the washer bottle, but that to is messy under the hood. Anybody have any luck with anything out there? thanks

Larry

Pedro's is pretty neat.

store3.jpg

All the ebay catch cans are "rice spec" somewhat. The ONLY one ive seen on there that i liked was...

c89d_1.JPG

All in all, Pedro can make you a great custom design and you'd be supporting a Faqer - check www.bmw1602.com

Do a search on this forum. "Catch cans" was a pretty lively topic several months ago. Also, if you search google for catch can DIY you'll find some interesting homemade alternatives including one made from PVC pipe and fittings. Good luck!

I got this of ebay as a coolant can and converted it. $50 total

post-344-13667591618892_thumb.jpg

Why do you need a catch can anyway? It's not a race car, right? You can just go and root a length of hose.

I think a tiny breather will just do fine.

You could put one of those EGR valves in at an angle in the exhaust and rout it there. That way, vacuume caused by the exhaust would create a slight low psi in the crank case and keeping more oil from the combustion.

I don't have a link for that but I know there has been some discussion on how to do it.

Pedro?

John

thanks for the suggestion of my work, mine is just one of many options.

You can use....a can of red bull or your favorite soda, ebay catch cans, canton makes a nice one, the jegs one above looks hard to beat too...

It all depends on how much you want to spend and how "clean" (lookswise) of a solution you want.

The only thing that might drive you to get one of mine is that I can custom make any design you want. If you have a certain space that you want it to fill or you want it to look a certain way or have a certain AN fitting welded on it you can. Since I making it from scratch anything is possible. It wont be as cheap as a can of redbull or plastic coke bottle or even a jegs. But you will be proud of it when you open you hood...

and oil blown underneath the floor boards of your car is what I call the italian rust prevention system. it's messy but it better than rust! hehe