• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Any 02 Owners in Buenos Aries?

evanc

Hola,

I'm down in Argentina for a few weeks and wanted to see if there were any fellow 02ers in the BA area. I'd love to check out the 02 scene down here if there is one. Also heard that there is an old F1 track that is used for vintage racing. Anyone have any more details on that?

Thanks for reading!

Evan Chong

1990 327 Touring Schwarz

70/M20 02 (Body Shop)

Project Thread: http://www.bmw2002faq.com/component/option,com_forum/Itemid,50/page,viewtopic/t,339365/

not to hijack--- but dood New plans. Can you get texts there?

Make it different... or just do it differently

Bill in Petaluma, CA

1969 1600 supercharged m20 in progress

1970 2002 RIP -- crashed then quartered

1971 2002 M20/02 RIP -- nothing but pieces now

1972 2002 gone, but not missed POS

there, but did see one in Montevideo. And there was a guy from Uruguay who used to post on the board periodically. Lotsa good things to see in BA, even if you don't see any '02s. Actually I didn't see very many BMWs in Argentina at all--not built locally so high import duty to protect the local manufacturers.

mike

'69 Nevada sunroof-Wolfgang-bought new
'73 Sahara sunroof-Ludwig-since '78
'91 Brillantrot 318is sunroof-Georg Friederich 
Fiat Topolini (Benito & Luigi), Renault 4CVs (Anatole, Lucky Pierre, Brigette) & Kermit, the Bugeye Sprite

not to hijack--- but dood New plans. Can you get texts there?

Whad up yo? I do and don't. I opened up Int'l Roaming, but I'm not turning on my phone and will get a mobile number here tomorrow. I'll send it to you when I get it tomorrow. Or just email me at evan dot chong at gmail dot com

Looking forward to hearin the new plan!

Evan Chong

1990 327 Touring Schwarz

70/M20 02 (Body Shop)

Project Thread: http://www.bmw2002faq.com/component/option,com_forum/Itemid,50/page,viewtopic/t,339365/

there, but did see one in Montevideo. And there was a guy from Uruguay who used to post on the board periodically. Lotsa good things to see in BA, even if you don't see any '02s. Actually I didn't see very many BMWs in Argentina at all--not built locally so high import duty to protect the local manufacturers.

mike

Thanks Mike. Bummer I won't see any 02s in BA. It's a fun place and party party.

Evan Chong

1990 327 Touring Schwarz

70/M20 02 (Body Shop)

Hey guys!, im from Montevideo, Uruguay, could be me you're talking about... havent posted in a while, university has been killing me, but anyway I always come to the faq at least once a day whenever I have a little break so to get my little daily dose of 02, but since I havent yet continued with the car (no time at all, currently part-stocking) haven't had much to talk about. Im sorry to tell you but its almost impossible to see 02's there in BsAs, but if you cross the pond (Rio Uruguay) the thing is totally different. There the most comon cars to see are the Ford Falcon (There are tons of them), Renault Torino (The coupé version with the Tornado engine came with a streight 6 and 3.6L engine with trip-WEBERS 45DCOE... quite interesting setup...) also worth seeing, check out every car on the street, you'll most likely see cars you have never seen, the best sold car here is the VW Gol, guaranteed you'll end up getting tired of seeing them around(I have one :P Great little pocket rocket). Anyway just wanted to let you guys know im still alive, well at least sort of (to give you an idea today I have been studying since 8am... its now 10pm and I've just right now finished for today...). Hope you guys have a great time there, If there is anything I can help you out with, please just let me know.

Take care,

Bruce

Ok, Let her rip!

with aftermarket wheels, a Euro spec car by its VIN, very nice condition, parked down near the port area in front of a tourist souvenir shop. Lady I talked with said her boss (shop owner) owned the car, but he wasn't around. I gave her a card with the FAQ board address on it, and told her to give it to him (good practice with my Spanish).

I have pix of the car somewhere in our travel pictures...

mike

'69 Nevada sunroof-Wolfgang-bought new
'73 Sahara sunroof-Ludwig-since '78
'91 Brillantrot 318is sunroof-Georg Friederich 
Fiat Topolini (Benito & Luigi), Renault 4CVs (Anatole, Lucky Pierre, Brigette) & Kermit, the Bugeye Sprite

with aftermarket wheels, a Euro spec car by its VIN, very nice condition, parked down near the port area in front of a tourist souvenir shop. Lady I talked with said her boss (shop owner) owned the car, but he wasn't around. I gave her a card with the FAQ board address on it, and told her to give it to him (good practice with my Spanish).

I have pix of the car somewhere in our travel pictures...

mike

Tu español es excelente, Miguel!

HarryPR

BMWCCA #19290