Greg72tii

02 in movie preview of Hancock?

9 posts / 2299 viewsLast Reply

It would be interesting to know what they used as attachment points to lift the front like that. The cables appear to be hooked just ahead of the god awful US side marker lights, but they must run somewere internaly.

One of you Cali guys has to know someone who knows someone who rangled this car for the film....

and another thing !!!!!

why does the appearence of an 02 in a major American film always revolve around its unreliability...

From what I gather from the plotline of Hancock the 02, driven by the Jason Bateman character stalls on a railroad crossing, causing Hancock, the reluctant super hero to save him by tossing the Bimmer.

In Backdraft Billy Baldwins 02 has a habit of not starting that causes him to be late for work on several occasions, if they are looking for a vehicle to be perpetually faulty whay don't they use a more deserving conveyence? Lets say an Alfa, especially for Backdraft there propensity for bursting into flames could have been worked into the plot...

I'm just sayin

In the movie the "02'" did not stall, instead it got stuck in the traffic in the middle of the train track.

I just saw Hancock, and in the movie the car is jammed between a car in front of him, and a car behind him, with a train coming. After the car is flipped onto it's back from Hancock, it is then "flown" back to the owners house, and dragged into the driveway. It is seen again, driving later on in the film.

The car was in the movie a lot more than I thought it was. Instead of simply just getting flipped backwards and smashed, you see it in a quite a few scenes that take place in front of Jason Bateman's house in the movie.

-Andrew Poon