Lee

S14 swap. Flywheel and clutch question.

6 posts / 1416 viewsLast Reply

The S14 will adorn my engine bay in two weeks. I have decided to go to Megasquirt and "DTM" airbox. My question is if the S14 flywheel fits the e21 tranny bellhousing and if there's some clearing to do. Can I use the lighter 2002 flywheel and clutch instead?

Yes on the flywheel however I'm going to be using the s14 clutch and pressure plate on the m10 flywheel. I posted the same question several months back on s14.net. I think the s14 clutch is dimensionally the same but with more reinforcements.

I have a E30 M3 flywheel on my M10 right now. If you wanted something lighter but did not want to worry about warping an aluminum the sport evo flywheel is cast and only weighs 12lbs. Good Luck.

-Andrew

Cool. I'll check if my 2002 has a 215 or 224mm flywheel.

I will probably change the front and rear seals, as well as the rear cover gasket, and camcover gasket too before installing the motor. Obviously a thorough clean-up of the motor will be required as the 100k mile engine has not be runned for 7 years. But it does turn.

BTW I shipped this morning your distributor housing, the oversize Tii spacers and the S14 exhaust cam block-off plate. It looks very nice. Can't wait to install mine on my motor.

Lee

I have a E30 M3 flywheel on my M10 right now. If you wanted something lighter but did not want to worry about warping an aluminum the sport evo flywheel is cast and only weighs 12lbs. Good Luck.

-Andrew

I forgot about that option. Used ones sometimes come-up on s14.net

Can't wait to get that stuff- esp the beautiful plate! Thanks for your generosity!

Best!

Pete