AndyS

son was in an accident in his E 36(OT)

17 posts / 2118 viewsLast Reply

As a parent it's one of those phone calls. He and his bud are ok. 97 318 is crunched about 18 inches back from where it should be on the driver's side. I was very surprised no one was hurt. Seat belts are a good thing(although the airbag didn't deploy)

Woman turned in front of him, he was doing about 40 mph. the car won't be back on the road, I'm pretty sure.

glad hes ok. i got the same call when junior rolled his e36 a few years back.

that is one of the toughest part of being a parent! Glad no one was hurt, yes those BMW's (and the rest of German cars) do well in collision.

glad he is ok andy

Replacing cars can be fun.... especially if no one is hurt

Good to know that everyone is OK, Andy.

First car I bought for one of my kids was a VW Rabbit Cabriolet for my daughter. I was always worried about how it would fare in an acciden and got rid of it t. Soon enough I bought two big-bumper, automatic Eta E30's, one for each child. They used them all through their college years and, fortunately, only one non-scary accident (son was hit on the left rear quarter).

This thing is crunched. but have read other peoples stuff on here. I immediately asked about buying it back.

Image.jpg

from cell phone

Can you say M44 and Atlanta Dowling supercharger????

I have a 14-year old and he's learning to drive. He'll have a license very soon. I am terrified.

Are you looking for another 2002 shell for an M44 transplant?

My son is a heck of a lot more aware than my daughter. I have a couple of shells, Pierre. Waiting to see what insurance pays. Heck He might wind up with a Cobalt. Everything around here is pricey as far as used BMWs go. It used to be fairly cheap to get something shipped, but that has gone through the roof.

Andy,

It is good to hear that your son is ok - reinforces my belief about the ability for German cars to take a whack. Dont fret about trying to find a replacement locally - thats what the wonderful world of Craigslist is for. And it gives you a chance to have a road trip with your son to go and get the car and bring it home! My buddy bought a 3301 ZHP in Salt lake city - and even with a couple fo tickets on Southwest, and gas for the drive home - saved $1000s, and had a great drive home with his son bringing it back to Chicago.

u should just give it to me. It is a Cobalt after all.