AustrianVespaGuy

Korman stage 2 sidedraft jetting

7 posts / 1616 viewsLast Reply

Hi all, I recently got a car that had a Korman stage 2 rebuild done on it but it only has a 38/38 downdraft. I have a pair of DCOEs I would like to install instead, but they cam of a mostly stock engine and I need to know some baseline jetting numbers to start with for the stage 2 w/ 300 cam. Thanks!

-Carl

Since nobody else has replied so far, I'll at least make this suggestion. If you call Korman and offer to buy the jets from them, they will probably offer you appropriate advice for base-line jetting, especially once they understand that it's one of their engines. Really, who better to make that sugestion? They ain't cheap, but my limited experiences with Korman over the years have all been positive.

Good luck

before you decide on buying jets and chokes, why don't you post the jet and choke specs on your side draft carbs and we can go from there and i can give you a baseline setting. also post what goes into a korman stage 2 i.e. cam duration, piston size and compression, head work, what exhaust system you are using and what driving style do you do (pedal to the metal all the time, occasional pedal to the metal, highway cruiser, stop light racer, etc..) then i can give you a more closer recommended setting.

i buy from metrix (interco) or pierce manifolds all my weber needs.

pm me or post it here

cheers,

dave

Thanks for the great documentation CD! That should be enough to get me going, but I also emailed Korman to ask them too. In answer to what I already have:

DCOM 40s

30 chokes

59F8 idles

125 mains

165 air correctors

Not sure on air correctors

Car has an '85 1.8 head with I *think* 9.5:1 pistons, Korman 4 into 1 headers, and Kormans 300 camshaft

Thanks again for the responses!

-Carl

you carbs came from an alfa romeo 1300 or 1600 as you jetting specs indicate.

you need to run at least 34mm chokes minimum.

chokes 34 or 36 mm

main 130-140

air 175-185

idle 55f8/f9

pump jet 40 or 45

needle valve 200 or 225

emulsion tube f9 is ideal f16 ok

aux choke/venturis 4.5

cheers,

dave