fdovargas

Advise for fuel injection

7 posts / 2441 viewsLast Reply

Hello guys,

I'm planning to put an NEW not original fuel injection in my BMW 2002 ALPINA project, for racing purposes, what is the best recommendation?, brand?, what brand of intake manifold?, what fuel pump? links

Thanks for advance

Fernando

On cars that are allowed it,

what I seem to see a lot of is the Tec 3 Electromotive stuff.

Almost without exception. Now, this is west- coast US club racing,

so they're relatively close.

Motronic only seems to show up in Porsches that come with it from the factory.

A friend's using MegaJolt with success, but not the -squirt.

hth,

t

it depends on whether you want electronic or mechanical fuel injection and also how much are you willing to spend.

for itb (individual throttle bodies) i can sell you a complete dbilas or vgs setup with or without the programable ecu. or you can buy the throttle bodies (available in 40, 45, 48, and 50 mm) and the dbilas intake manifold, then just get your own programmable efi unit from dbilas, vgs, edis, weber alpha etc...

you need to use a tii fuel tank with an e30 or e28 fuel pump or a regular 02 tank with an e30 in tank fuel pump pick up.

i sell dbilas tuning products from germany.

i can also get a brand new set engenmann (germany) integral mechanical injection throttle body and manifold, (very similar to alpina a4's, but with this setup the intake manifold and throttle bodies are all on one assembly), a brand new alpina street or race kuglefischer pump.

how about a schnitzer slide throttle for an m10? it is just missing the air trumpets, and injectors, i am sure it can be used with a modified kfish pump

just pm me.

dave

post-373-13667591583641_thumb.jpg

post-373-13667591585503_thumb.jpg

post-373-13667591587354_thumb.jpg

post-373-13667591589254_thumb.jpg

post-373-13667591590033_thumb.jpg

dbilas ecu's

10.010.003a

Control unit dbtronic 2000

1482.75 euros

(to be driven with a sport filter or intake trumpets as well) incl. wiring harness, idle control valve, manifold airpressure sensor, air- and water temperature sensor, small parts, without Lambda- and Knocksensor (only for 4-cylinder engines). (Further information you find on product introduction site: Products - Engine control units - Universally applicable engine control units)

Control unit dbtronic 3000

1838.61 euros

(to be driven with a sport filter or intake trumpets as well) incl. wiring harness, throttle body potentiometer, ignition coil block, idle control valve, etc. with Lambda- and Knocksensor (only for 4-cylinder engines). (Further information you find on product introduction site: Products - Engine control units - Universally applicable engine control units)

post-373-13667591591403_thumb.jpg

post-373-13667591592236_thumb.gif

for racing purposes, what is the best recommendation?, brand?,

How well it runs will be as much a function of how good your tuner is, and what they are accustomed to tuning.

MoTeC, Autronic and others are highly regarded and used by race teams (and $$$). There are literally dozens and dozens of options, but for a 2002 race engine you really only need a relatively simple system (probably running Alpha-N - mapping fuel and spark only against throttle position and RPM) - most engine management options can do this.

Dave

Could you contact me regarding the Engenmann fuel injection components, I have been unable to locate any info on the net

Like Toby says, I am using an Electromotive but the TecGT model. I hear wind from Electromotive about a new model that is more economical for a 4 cyl. The GT will handle up to 6 cyl, full sequential. The Tec3 will handle 8 cyl full sequential.

Link to discussion on the new unit is here: http://www.efi101.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=41182#41182

Haltech Platinum series are also an economical alternative with full blown features and several models.

I don't have the patience for fussing with MS unit build but many use it if you have the time.

I tune my own stuff and have done same remotely using datalogs and Excel for a S14 conversion and a M3 with Tec3 ECUs. These guys couldn't acheive successful tunes from a noted west coast Tec3 tuner.