frank

Hemmings Sports and Exotic Car

6 posts / 1503 viewsLast Reply

The Werk Shop is featured in this months issue. The article includes some nice 02 photos.

Not to mention the turbo 02 cover feature. The $$$ spent on this car would probably buy a condo.

HS&E magazine is my all-around favorite. Motor Trend Classic (RIP) was another good one. They (along with Automobile) did a great feature on the new-again Inka tii.

The Turbo was in last months issue. The August edition arrived today, the cover features an MGA.

I've subscribed since the first issue, but I often wonder why. You can not rely on anything they say as being factual. I got my issue today after reading this post yesterday.

When I turned to the Werkshop article, the first thing i looked at was the full page picture of the owners with their 1800TISA - "... the modified 2002 that they built..." This just typifies this magazine for me. They are very loose for the facts and do not seem to have access to anyone to check. The rest of the article is focused mostly on rising prices for collectible BMWs and only secondarily on the work of the Werkshop.

Bill - I caught the author's error on the TISA also. I wonder how much content was edited out (or was misinterpreted). I enjoy the magazine for the overall content. They feature and write about cars I will most likely never see nor be able to own.