Guest Anonymous

Bavarian engine exchange

5 posts / 1225 viewsLast Reply

Guest Anonymous

Anybody considering buying a motor from these people do yourself a favor and don't. Purchased a motor 25000 miles cracked block! Friend bought a motor 4000 miles cracked block. Not very good in my book, you've been warned. Just a heads up.

ive heard this so many times its not funny. search roadfly for a good history of these thieves

Let add more fuel. I lived in Sac and Rancho is part of it. I went over to see how much an oil pan for the 318is would be. They told me $80 for a used beat up pan. So I passed. While I was there a guy wanted to know why he bought a complete engine from them and got a short block. They had all his parts in a box for sale. He ended up with them but that company is a scam.

I discovered my engine was rebuilt by Bav Auto, thier stickers on the freeze out plugs are very durable. The PO had done the work, and I have no reciepts to document it. When I called them they told me they have no referamce to the engine serial # just to the invoice number. Now if I had an invoice # could I send any engine back for wareentee work? So I think they must track the serial#. Yet they would give me no information as to the date or work performed. And if he calls me "Buddy" one more time I will not be responcble for my responce. If they think you have any warrentee issue they shut you out. I just wanted the date and any referance as to the work/mods. performed and was shut out. BTW the car was purchased as is with a blown head gasket and I was just interested in thier work, the engine runs fine now no smoke although the cam may be wasted and I am not sure of the oil pump.

P.S I tried spell check but it seemed disfunctional please work around!