bluedevils

Bosch mechanical (From MB) fuel injectors for tii?

21 posts / 4373 viewsLast Reply

I found Bosch mechanical fuel injectors from 1963-1966 MB models, part number MB 0437004002 (Bosch # W0133-1606945?). I cannot find any specs on these injectors. If their opening pressure is around 30 bar, I will use them in my tii. ANY HELP/INFO WILL BE HIGHLY APPRECIATED. My old (8 of them) injectors all act funny and drip, each having different opening pressures due to aging. I understand that I need to machine some sleeves to put the Bosch injectors into tii manifold.

I always wondered-

if they flow and open similarly, they should work... right?

The pump's doing the metering.

t

I heard this was done before but I cannot find any info. I will search the forum again.

well lets see here :

first off , the BMW tii injectors open at 30 - 38 kp/cm2 ( 425 - 540 psi !)

Mercedes-Benz injection valve data-

for up to 1971 mechanical fuel injection models -

injection valve for M100 V-8 6.3 liter (model 600 and 300SEL 6.3)Bosch No. 0 437 501 001 opening pressure in kp/cm2 = new 14 - 16 used 13 - 16 (195 - 230 psi)

injection valve for M130 280 SL & SE (2.8 liter inline 6 cyl) Bosch No.

0 437 004 002 opening pressure = new 17.5 - 18.5 used 15 - 18.5 kp/cm2 ( 215 - 260 psi)

spray pressure should not be vary more than 3.0 kp/cm2 in one engine

(43 psi) between injectors

this is in a system with a supply pump with feed pressure of at least 1.3 kg/cm2 (18.5 - 19 psi) and volume output of atleast 1 liter in 15 seconds

for models up to 1966 - 220 SEB, 230SL, 250SE, 300SE/SEL/SEB

220SEB = valve Bosch EP/DES/5/45 MB no. 000 078 0423

opening pressure 14.5 - 15 .5 km/cm2 (205 - 220 psi)

230 SL & 250SE = valve Bosch DC 8 C 45 R 1 MB no. 000 078 1023

opening pressure 17.5 - 18.5 km/cm2 ( 250 - 265 psi)

on and on and on ....... size of injector - pipe fitting size,

angle of spray pattern . . . . .

Good Luck

if you need more Mercedes-Benz technical facts - just ask.

the M-B low presure valve :

W01331606945BOS.JPG

well, thanks. I see that they open up at half the pressure of a tii injector. Bummer! They won't work. I thought this was done on a tii before. Unless of course, KF pump is re-calibrated? And how do you that?

I recall that the CORRECT Bosch injectors used in tiis were also fitted to original M Benz GULLWINGS and BMW M1s. (good luck finding a bargain in THOSE circles eh?)

rebuildable? Pacific Fuel Injection (Gus Pfister - sp?) or Performance Automotive (Dave Redzus - sp?) in Chicago.

don't have contact info - sory.

Paul Wegweiser

Yes MB Gullwing, M1, and Tii use the same injectors.

Rob @ 2002haus rebuilds them. I believe there are others out there as well.

I am talking about the Bosch injectors which Maximillian were thinking about making adopters for ( in tii applications). The injectors you guys are talking (e.g., M1) about are different. This topic came up a while back in FAQ forums. The M-B Bosch injectors in question (thanks c.d.iesel) have lower opening pressure than tii injectors but I believe they will work (my old tii injectors are opening around 20 bar!) At around 90-100 bucks each, it is an economical alternative. Somebody must have done this in the past.

FYI, according to the part numbers M1 injectors are identical to 2002tii injectors. The note even says "M88" in both cases in the ETK.

M1 part number -> 13 53 1 252 861

Tii part number -> 13 53 1 252 861

Good luck with the other MB injectors. If they do work, it would provide a cost effective alternative to the stock injectors.

Good luck with the other MB injectors. If they do work, it would provide a cost effective alternative to the stock injectors.

Exactly my point, thanks!

The injectors shown in the pictures looks like the injectors on my old Porsche 911. The 911's had mechanical injection from 1969 to 1972. I don't have any technical specs on them, but someone told me they were very similar to those on the M-B Gullwings and 300SL's.

Contact info: Pacific Fuel Injection

"Gus" Pfister

153 Utah Avenue

So. San Francisco, CA 94080

650-588-8880

AND: Precision Automotive Research

Dave Redszus

901 Hillside Dr.

Bensenville, Il 60106

630-766-1711

mac.

Contact info: Pacific Fuel Injection

"Gus" Pfister

153 Utah Avenue

So. San Francisco, CA 94080

650-588-8880

AND: Precision Automotive Research

Dave Redszus

901 Hillside Dr.

Bensenville, Il 60106

630-766-1711

mac.

I talked to Dave Redszus a while ago on the phone. He wants the KF pump, warm up regulator and the injectors to calibrate and sync all together. Cost is around $1800-2000 (prices as of six months ago) . I am not paying that much. Just sending the injectors or buying refurbished ones, or buying a refurbished pump, is not going to solve the problem either Each injector has to be re-shimmed and calibrated according to KF pump's behavior for each injector. All the examples of rebuild injectors I have seen were numbered according to the cylinder they go in. I don't believe in some of the tii "experts" opinions in this forum that KF pump and injectors never go bad, BS. That is why I am looking for cost effective alternatives. I almost converted my tii to 318i EFI system but gave up at the last minute to keep the system original. If MB injectors won't work, then there has to be some diesel injectors out there with the same specs, or closer to, the tii injectors, may be from tractor diesel engines.

Well...

Injectors do go bad (quite often), and I am not sure where/who told you that they "never" do, but they have not worked on tii's that long.

Warmup regulators also go bad and can cause all sorts of running issues as well.

Throttlebodies get worn at the shaft and leak extra air.

Linkage ends get worn out and the extra slop makes it impossible to get the injection to run anywhere close to spec.

Valve timing/ignition issues are also overlooked.

KF pumps are typically the most reliable piece in the injection system. Not to say that they don't go bad either, its just that most people blame the pump when its the other components of the system that are typically the cause of the running issues.

FORGET TALKING ABOUT M-B DIESEL INJECTORS -

Completly wrong (huge size) , special spray pattern

for injection into diesel pre-chambers.

Opening pressure way higher than tii,

and the housing has low pressure fuel return

nipples (2 per injector).

Dimentions are huge compared to gas injectors.