Sign in to follow this  
Guest Anonymous

Jet Drilling ? for Toby.

4 posts / 817 viewsLast Reply

Guest Anonymous

I am helping out a friend with a downdraft 32/36 and by all indications, the idle jet is a too small "50". I know it is frowned upon, but I would like to grab my Weber indexes and ream the jet to 60 or maybe slightly larger. Because this is a solenoid driven idle jet, it is a little different from other jets not only because of the shut off valve, but because of the orifices on the side of the jet. My question, if the jet tip is reamed do the other orifices need corresponding modifications? (If the increased size is successful, we will just order the correct jet from Pierce.)

TIA

Jeeze, I hope you didn't mean me- I don't do that sort of thing!

It just confuses me too much...

heh.

t

Guest Anonymous
Jeeze, I hope you didn't mean me- I don't do that sort of thing! It just confuses me too much... t

Of course I meant YOU (or anyone else in the shadow of Rainer)! Aren't you the man with the avatar that reminds me not of twisted rods but rather my last subframe? Get unconfused son! Chicken Chicken Chicken!

lol

I've found that those pesky "idle shut off selenoid" jet holders have to be absolutely, perfectly installed with correct seal/shim washers / O ring. Any other position will cause miserable idle symptoms. I have ordered NON-selenoid jet holders from Pierce to eliminate this issue in the past - though it's been years. If your ignition timing / tuning is correct - you shouldn't have any dieseling anyway - right?

extraneous wires and hoses = bad. eliminate all unnecessary future fail items at all costs....it's sort of my mantra.

Paul Wegweiser