RoyW

'02 Project car update & pics

18 posts / 5243 viewsLast Reply

Guest Anonymous

WOW!!, How did you figure out the rack & pinion?

J.E.2002

Rob - Fantastic job! The car looks absolutly superb and i like the way you put the Innovate gauge in the tii clock looking surround. If you can get your hands on one, they have a black face, white numbers with chrome bezel version around - might go with the interior better? It looks great anyway though :-)

Tom

wow very nice - mind sharing some details of what you have going on there? the steering rack and rear suspension (e30 it looks like but what is the diff cover??)

very cool stuff

wow very nice - mind sharing some details of what you have going on there? the steering rack and rear suspension (e30 it looks like but what is the diff cover??)

very cool stuff

The steering rack is a modified e21 323i. The rear suspension is e21 323i trailing arms, modified to work with stock 2002 spring locations, and with stock tti struts and Ireland sport springs. The subframe is made from 2002 with e30 center section to mount e30 M3 differential. The diff cover is made by TCDesign.

-RoyW

very cool stuff

The steering rack is a modified e21 323i. The rear suspension is e21 323i trailing arms, modified to work with stock 2002 spring locations, and with stock tti struts and Ireland sport springs. The subframe is made from 2002 with e30 center section to mount e30 M3 differential. The diff cover is made by TCDesign.

-RoyW

Roy, You da man! Can't wait to see the finished product. Tim

Guest Anonymous

from the pics it is obvious your level of finish bringing all those pieces together is extremely high. Very nice work and cool stuff!

very cool stuff

-RoyW

power steering?

I am very interested in the steering could you go into more depth about how you modified the steering rack. I am doing an engine swap and don't have room for the factory steering box. Any info would be great.

Thanks

Roy- really inspiring! Is that the VSR center section with the cats? Looks to fit up well to the 02 tunnel.

What did you do to get the oilpan to fit? Also what is that section of the oilpan that has been welded?