future_assassin

Cost of '84 318i Swap

2 posts / 758 viewsLast Reply

Well my engine/tranny will by next summer need an overhaul. Having a fully redone engine is a no go for lack of funds so I was thinking of maybe a 318i M10 swap. I'm not looking for power gain just an updated engine/tranny

I don't think I would be able to do the whole conversion myself. I could probably put the engine and tranny in but leave all the electrical/EFI stuff to a shop. How much work would be involved in mounting all the electrical/EFI/Fuel system stuff. $2000 worth at a shop?

That L-Jet stuff is fairly easy. I would gues that it would be no big deal if you had the 318 sitting there and you could pull all you need and use the engine wiring harness.

However... You could use the 318 stuff and then use a Megasquirt for the ECU. WAY less than 2000 and it's not that hard.

John