Armond

damn electric fan

6 posts / 1255 viewsLast Reply

the blade on my permacool 12" pusher broke. It works but makes a lot of noise. The bad news is the fan is on B/O from summit or jegs until the 27th of this month. Good news is it's under warranty.They have replacement blades but it's on B/O as well. I have the PRM-19008. Anybody have a spare?

I was worried about this when I deleted my belt driven fan. Oh well. Live and learn.

armond,

how can you bare to wait THAT long for the goods? that's gotta be about 2 whole weeks!.

try to keep your mind busy on other things....

armond,

how can you bare to wait THAT long for the goods? that's gotta be about 2 whole weeks!.

try to keep your mind busy on other things....

I can go for another brand but it would mean changing the mounting locations. Plus, the permacool was at 3000CFM.

sorry to hear about the b/o,

at what temp is your fan coming on? just curious. mine is set for 200degrees i believe,

where are you monitoring the temp for it to turn on the fan?

i have the switch in the bottom of the radiator.

i'm running the fan with the SPAL Programmable fan controller.

I was able to convince Permacool to ship me just the fan blade itself. They had one left in the country. Lesson learned. 1. Keep an extra fan and controller on hand....if you are strictly running an electric fan to cool your engine. 2. Stick with a drivebelt fan.