ClayW

So, I was thinking that my EDIS was awesome....

8 posts / 1417 viewsLast Reply

...and then I plugged the vaccuum advance hose back in. Now it's really nice!

It had come unplugged from the back of the MS unit and I drove for almost a week without it! I was thinking that EDIS and computer-controlled ignition was nice before, but now it's REALLY nice!

ha! nice one.

Any shots of how its routed? I had to run a "T" off my intake manifold - one line to the fuel pressure regulator and the other to the MS. Hopefully that won't present a problem.

ha! nice one.

Any shots of how its routed? I had to run a "T" off my intake manifold - one line to the fuel pressure regulator and the other to the MS. Hopefully that won't present a problem.

I routed a single line from the manifold to the MS unit, which is next to the realy board in the glove box. I haven't hooked up the EFI stuff yet, so no fuel pressure regulator.

What was the link to your blog again?

www.2002restoration.blogspot.com

you can see the air line "T" in this shot - the way I routed the plumbing for my IAC valve blocked off the second line coming out of the manifold so I ended up going this route.

ICV_Pipe_01.jpg

I guess if it proves ineffective I'll have to drill and tap another spot in the manifold to draw vacuum from, but from what I'm reading I should be okay.

ha! nice one.

I routed a single line from the manifold to the MS unit, which is next to the realy board in the glove box. I haven't hooked up the EFI stuff yet, so no fuel pressure regulator.

What was the link to your blog again?

Clay, do you happen to have some photos and data of your EDIS setup? I'm running a 32/36 and would like to switch over to EDIS in the very near future. I'm planning to run EFI eventually but would love to run EDIS with my carbed engine first.

Thanks,

Dave

See my Project Blog at www.xanga.com/tx02.

It's pretty straightforward. Assemble the EDIS hardware and get youself a Megasquirt computer and relay board. Email me or post when you have questions.

z115952561.jpg

http://www.xanga.com/TX02?nextdate=10%2f29%2f2007+15%3a4%3a0.030&direction=n

I've since moved the relay board into the glovebox. One good piece of advice is to decide where you want to mount everything and measure all of your wiring beforehand.

Thanks, Clay. I did some research online and found out about Megajolt to control the EDIS only. I already have a Haltech ECU for the F.I conversion I plan on doing. Unfortunately the Haltech is fuel control only. So I guess I'll have two seperate ECU's for the ignition and F.I. Thanks again!

Dave

Thanks, Clay. I did some research online and found out about Megajolt to control the EDIS only. I already have a Haltech ECU for the F.I conversion I plan on doing. Unfortunately the Haltech is fuel control only. So I guess I'll have two seperate ECU's for the ignition and F.I. Thanks again!

Dave

If you went Megasquirt, you could control it all wth one unit and sell the Haltech for the money to do the conversion!