NickVyse

M2 UPDATE - Moespeeds awesome track car

14 posts / 1836 viewsLast Reply

Thank you everybody here on the FAQ. I can't say enough great things about this site. We are spoiled to have such a great community of people with such passion for these cars.

Cheers to all.

Thanks Nick. Your site really started it all for me and sealed the deal. Fantastic work. I'm planning a trip to Portugal some time in the future, dont know when since I've been telling my cousins that now for about 2 years. I just got to get some time set aside and just do it. Maybe we can meet up some time, can we say Nurburgring?

Bottoms up man.

MOE

Thank you everybody here on the FAQ. I can't say enough great things about this site. We are spoiled to have such a great community of people with such passion for these cars.

Hit the nail square on the head!

Sweet M2!

John

Moe, do you have any more detailed shots of the hood supports on your car? I like the way they look and I've been working on a way to get rid of that huge cumbersome torsion bar.

Awesome car too dude, really one of the most amazing '02s out there.

I have been a big fan of that car for a long time, that is an awesome automobile. Notice how the rear shock towers have been extended, very nicely done...

Wow Just strolled through all of the pics That is one incredible machine Some tremendous engineering has gone into it Fantastic

You and Paul Cain related? :)

Hey Guys, Thanks for your very kind words of acceptance.

As far as the prop-rods. I'll give you what I got, hopefully it will help answer your question. It's fairly straight forward. I used an aluminum angle on the hood and an 1/8" aluminum rod that attaches to the stock mount on the fender. It also uses the stock bolt and nylon nut in that location so that you can move it up and down for proping. THe rod uses a rubber vacume hose slid over it so that it doesn't make noise/rub on the fender to bad. It works well with the CF hood, not sure if it would work well with a steel hood....heavy and the way it's leaveraged. Maybe with a steel rod instead of aluminum it would work.

th_DSC00500.jpg

th_DSC00501.jpg

th_DSC00502.jpg

th_DSC00504.jpg

The trunk is the same way. Only the rod is slightly bend inward so that it stays in the hole on the mount attached to the trunk. THey both open more than stock, as much as the hinge points allow.

th_trunkprop1.jpg

th_trunkprop2.jpg

th_trunkprop.jpg

As far as Paul Cain, .....I wish I had half as much talent as him to think outside the box. He is the master and I bow down to his creations. Amazing work.

Thanks for your support. Hope I can do the same for someone else.

CHeers

MOE

Moe,

Great job! The pictures don't do as much justice as seeing this car in person. Your attention to detail is top notch!

So what's next???

Guest Anonymous

The car looks fantastic! You have done a great job and deserve hearty congratulations! I don't know if you were at the show in Brisbane a few weeks ago...I couldn't make it but I had my bro Matt P bring the car there. I hope to see you around soon.

Best, COOP

PS: Thank you for the kind recognition on the group buys

Hello Moe,

Congrats man. Car looks awesome...you have done a great job on it. Got to get a ride on it sometime.

Regards

Jan

Your welcome COOP.

Hey Jan, anytime man. I have to get in touch with you sometime. Daniel, hows the track car coming?

Thanks again guys

CHeers

MOE