Sign in to follow this  
Guest Anonymous

looking for fuel gas tank upgrade

2 posts / 683 viewsLast Reply

Guest Anonymous

so my stock 76 tank is leaking where the halves meet. i have read this is a common problem but i would like to upgrade to a much larger tank if i could. the tii tank can fit but how many more gallons will it hold? is there any other tank besides the unobtainable turbo tank that will fit and give me a few more gallons? also, car will eventually have fuel injection. thanks for any help.

See the Tii Register site - there is a write up on using the fuel tank from the 1st 5 series (E12).

Or you could cut the bottom off the tank and weld in 2" band at the join, that would give you a few more gallons - caution cutting the tank - wash out first.

But why go the extra gallons when EFI is more economical anyway? Just use the POR-15 Tank Sealing Kit to resto your current tank. Thats what I did - 3 years and no leaks. Beaner7102