eurotrash

How do you explain this?

12 posts / 2663 viewsLast Reply

I broke my speedo needle on the tii the same way. Managed to get out of a speeding ticket with it, too. heheheh.

Cheers,

Ray

Yeah, I broke my speedo needle off too (twice) because it hit the zero pin too hard while accelerating past 130mph too quickly.....

it had nothing at all to do with the speedometer going screwy and the internal spring failing to return it to zero...

what, the tic-toc clock or the broken needle ??

ive heard that automatic could have been converted to tacho at the dealer too...

That happened to me once. It really sucks because your speedo return spring gets all jacked up when the needle breaks.

As has been pointed out, the automatics all came with a clock in place of the tach, but, if you were to purchase the car, and want a tach, the wiring connector is already in place to simply plug in when you get a replacement tach. I've done this on both my ' 75 automatic and on my wife's ' 76.

Bob Napier

I hadn't considered the tachometer issue, its the broken needle that I noticed?!? -how do you manage to break that?!?

Good to know the tach is a swap out.. I was thinking about going with an auto car to facilitate a conversion to an m30 or s14 5 speed..

Are there any other pit falls to this logic? It seems that I one could get an auto for less than the price of a manual in the same condition...

what, the tic-toc clock or the broken needle ??

ive heard that automatic could have been converted to tacho at the dealer too...

An option like the "tic-toc-tach" from chrysler in the same era would have been sweet! Would this be a blasphemous retro fit?

post-3771-13667591024176_thumb.jpg

mm, and splinted it with a toothpick expoxied to the hollow back side of the needle. It's been holding nicely for 20 some years now, and no one ever notices that the needle is a little shorter and pointier than it used to be.

mike

which make them nice for a 5-speed swap from an E21.

I am doing an M20 swap with the tranny from an E30 on an automatic 74. I still had to cut the tunnel... A LOT!!!! to make the tranny fit.