mike

Miracles do occur--occasionally, and for no reason (read on)

10 posts / 1605 viewsLast Reply

My 73's A/C failed to come on last fall on the way to Ofest in Ft Worth--in 90 degree weather. So we endured a hot Texas week without even the minimal cooling offered by an '02 air conditioner. I've been meaning to troubleshoot, but just haven't had the time. The whole system was dead--no blower, no compressor action.

Friday evening on the way to a cruise in, just for fun I turned on the blower, just like I've done numerous times over the past six months. The blower worked! Then I tried the compressor switch, and within ten seconds or so I had cold air! Not that I'm complaining, but I didn't do anything to it. Weird...but I'm not complaining.

mike

Hi Mike:

It wouldn't hurt to check all electrical connections. Do you have a separate switch for the blower and compressor?

I have a NOS Clardy unit that I am planning to install in the future. I have all of the instruction sheets that came with it. If you have the same unit, I can send you copies of all the diagrams.

Only if you live in California. If you lived in the land of steaming humidity, and want to drive your car more than 4 months out of the year, you need A/C down here....

Mike,

I was having problems like that shortly after I bought my car. My blower motor completely died. I was able to source a replacement here and it works great. Plus - the new motor hooks directly to the switch, so installation is pretty easy.

Personally - I like the cold air that blows out very much. Especially lately when it has been +90 every freaking day.

Summer is here.

Ken

did Ft Collins CO in 2 days. Going on to Hot springs SD.cool clear and 71 AAAHHHH.

Reminds me of the father land in June.

Touring got her points set Timing set vac leak fixed. AND

I'm 30 again

revs like a chain saw, pops on overrun like she should and idles at 950 smooth and even . 300 Korman cam, old style head work, Alpina header 2 1/4 " exhaust with a turbo mufffler only.

sun roof does not work yet. ( no Deutsche Klimaanlaga)

but damned she is so fast and soooo much fun .

Tags ...inspection ? Insurance ?? Yes I have insurance .. How fast ?? I have no idea the damn thing reads KPH and I do not know . Yes I will take care of that this week for sure.

South Dakota tags /No inspection required.

building My Log Cabin retirement home in the mountains of SD take that Texas DPS

Dreaming of a run up Spearfish canyon with roof open... or Maybe the Needles with the roof open and about 65 and sunny

very soon a Dream will come true

Don't sweat too much Y'all I'm in the mountains for the summer

Freiherr von Refugio

Delk

Does the AC even make a dent in that heat? It was 95 here the other day and it wasn't helping me out much. The 2002 is too much of a fishbowl.

My A/C is adequate,not great, in Eastern NC summers. 100 degrees yesterday,not very humid. It was OK.

Well - it doesn't make the whole car comfortable, but that piece of me that is in the line of the cold air feels awfully good.

Actually - I do sweat less with the windows up and the A/C on (vs. windows down). But - it's way more fun to drive the car in any season but summer.

did Ft Collins CO in 2 days. Going on to Hot springs SD.cool clear and 71 AAAHHHH.

Reminds me of the father land in June.

Touring got her points set Timing set vac leak fixed. AND

I'm 30 again

revs like a chain saw, pops on overrun like she should and idles at 950 smooth and even . 300 Korman cam, old style head work, Alpina header 2 1/4 " exhaust with a turbo mufffler only.

sun roof does not work yet. ( no Deutsche Klimaanlaga)

but damned she is so fast and soooo much fun .

Tags ...inspection ? Insurance ?? Yes I have insurance .. How fast ?? I have no idea the damn thing reads KPH and I do not know . Yes I will take care of that this week for sure.

South Dakota tags /No inspection required.

building My Log Cabin retirement home in the mountains of SD take that Texas DPS

Dreaming of a run up Spearfish canyon with roof open... or Maybe the Needles with the roof open and about 65 and sunny

very soon a Dream will come true

Don't sweat too much Y'all I'm in the mountains for the summer

Freiherr von Refugio

Delk

Hey Rob,

Safe journey.

What did you do with the Beater?

If you need to store it, we have plenty of room.

Let me know.

Thanks for the parts; i'll be sifting through them next week when I get home.

missed a bucket of bmw bolts and a perfect crankshaft darn it .

Put my stuff in storage.

home soon?