ClayW

Has anyone heard of Marchal S.E.V. H4 headlights?

10 posts / 2919 viewsLast Reply

I went to change my headlights because one burned out. I bought two new halogen sealed beam lights because I couldn't yet spare the $80 or so for H4 upgrades.

When I went to install them, I noticed that I already have flat-fronted "Marchal" H4 units installed. They also say "S.E.V." on the lense. Has anyone ever heard of these? I kind of like the flat-front look.

20s)...SEV is kinda the Bosch of France--makes all sorts of electrical stuff like dizzys, generators, starters etc--and headlights. Cibie is now better known in the US, but I have some non H4 Marchal headllights from the mid-50s somewhere in my basement.

mike

Ran a set of Marchal square driving lamps on my '78 Champagne Edition Series I Scirocco...NICE!

The 1968 Shelby Mustangs ran Marchal square lamps in the grills of the earliest California Edition Models. They were later changed to Lucas Square Eights.

I had a lovely set of 7" round Marchal Driving lamps I sold to a guy with a motorhome...he needed them real bad...as they were the same as the factory issued in the 70s.

Some of the vintage Porsche 356s ran marchal aux lamps. They were big on the LeMans 24 Hour competitors.

Somewhere in my stash of stuff I have a Marchal rally sticker...it's about 2' long. Look for the cat.

Cheers!

Delia

sev%20marchal%20150mm.jpg

I had no idea that I had vintage headlight upgrades on my car!

I replaced the bulbs in them and they work well! The flat-front is an interesting feature.

I'm pretty sure Bosch makes a flat-fronted H4, my dad has a set of them on both of his Shelby GT350s. The Hella reflectors on my 2002 have a convex front.

Marchal SEV were the headlight of choice if you were upgrading your original sealed beams when these cars were new. I bought a set from my dealer shortly after getting my car along with a set of Carello driving lights. Both were available from my dealers parts dept. and were supposed to be the best out there. I still have both on my car with only a bulb upgrade to 95/100 on the Marchals. Very period correct!

Clay did you get the email regarding the parts you were going to send?