Guest Anonymous

Los Angeles County Dent Repair

3 posts / 1036 viewsLast Reply

Guest Anonymous

My pristine driver's door was damaged yesterday. The impact was very low on the door and seemed to only affect the door skin. The paint is not broken. Yet the metal shows the imprint of the side horizontal door beam, the shadow of the window tracks and most unfortunately is some two to three inches deep.

Two estimates were obtained averaging $3000+. I was told that the older Glassomax (non water based) paint cannot be matched. That the new paint is far superior, that door skins are not available.

Is it true that the "newer" Glassomax is a better product? Why?

Anyone in Los Angeles have any body shop recommendations for 02 work? Surely, even though some paint may not be currently available, someone can still perform small projects with it. Not sure if its chamonix or alpine white.

TIA

i had some 6 dents removed on my 2002Tii Chamonix by Dan Rhoads who did an amazing job.... although I don't know if this is what you need as it was paintless dent removal and he worked at my house... he is VERY knowledgeable so if you send him some photos he will be able to help or recommend... he does lots of classic cars....

cell: 714 720 4789

bus: 714 544 6439

Guest Anonymous

Thank you for your post. My first thought is to acquire some legitimate estimates from a few shops that actually work on 02's - for insurance purposes. It is amazing that someone can quote $3500 to repair a major door dent that only affects the doorskin. This supposedly involved a discount! I understand that labor and materials are fairly high, but at this rate, the car is practically a total loss, despite the fact that the door closes fine and the window operates fine and the rest of the car is virtually original. Maybe I should take up a collection for the $45k it might cost to spray the car too!

I will likely follow up with your suggestion or anyone else's suggestion for the LA Area, in the near future and thank you again.

Now, can anyone explain from personal experience how or why the new Glassomax is better than the old Glassomax? Why can't the two paints be matched?