Sign in to follow this  
ChuckinNC

WTB: Factory Alloy Wheels for 1973 Tii

8 posts / 3191 viewsLast Reply

Anyone have a reasonably priced set of the early design wheels for sale ? They don't have to be perfect, but must be round and true. There is a perfect set for sale on Ebay, but they are beyond my means.

Thanks

Chuck in NC

Ebay is such a ripoff sometimes. OEM are still available - try Max or Blunt and they are about $163 per wheel...part number is

http://www.bmwmobiletradition-online.com/bmw/showparts.do?model=2583&mospid=47141&btnr=36_0363&hg=36&fg=15

OEM are still available - try Max or Blunt and they are about $163 per wheel...

but then you gotta buy the center caps, the roundels, and alloy lug nuts. it adds up to over $250 a wheel...$1000 for a set of 4. plus shipping and new tires...

they do look great though.

Thanks for the information. Your car looks great with either set of wheels. Looks like you are in California ... I am in North Carolina. Would you consider parting with just the wheels to save shipping and possibly the caps and lug nuts ? I have later model steel wheels ... possibly those lug nuts and caps would work so I may not need them.

Alfabear at aol dot com

Thenks

Chuck in NC

Thanks for the information. Your car looks great with either set of wheels. Looks like you are in California ... I am in North Carolina. Would you consider parting with just the wheels to save shipping and possibly the caps and lug nuts ? I have later model steel wheels ... possibly those lug nuts and caps would work so I may not need them.

Alfabear at aol dot com

Thenks

Chuck in NC

i've heard more than once that alloy wheels take a different lug nut than the stock steel wheels. might have to do with the taper of the nut where it meets the wheel.