HarryPR

Finned Differential Cover

21 posts / 4654 viewsLast Reply

looks GREAT !

I'll take ONE, and then go find a car to mount it on !

from this :

3.jpg

TO T.H.I.S.! :

( 3 Quarts extra ??!! )

18.jpg

That is an Alpina deal. They do fit an 02 with some modification the to the brackets that hold the OEM carrier. You have to widen the holes in the brackets about 1/2" to the outside.

DifferentialforP215.jpg

DifferentialforP210.jpg

Also, it interferes with the stock muffler hanger too.

Tonysmufflershop2.jpg

You can't go over speed bumps very fast with this deal.

I do not know this vendor, they have a great looking site though. They offer Custom Script car badges. That is interesting. For those that own 2000tii Tourings, that badge is no longer available, wonder what there product would look like, uhmmmmm?

Pricey - yes, probably the only one in the world available now.

if you do get one of those covers install it before you have custom exhaust made. my stock factory turbo exhaust would not fit around my alpina cover

I would love to go to the Alpina style diff cover. $800 bills is pretty steep though.....that's choosing between a diff cover and Recaro's. And I really want seats......

I should probably go into the refurbished Recaro importing business. Upholstery is still very cheap here. Right now I am getting two Recaros and one rear seat upholstered, plus carpets being done, for the grand sum of $500. The Recaros originally cost me $40.

Harry -

If you could do Recaro's for me like the one's in this pic for 500 (plus shipping from PR), but in blue, we need to talk.

Pic credit to the guy on e-bay that was selling his Verona 02 about 6 or 8 months ago....

post-2706-13667590931292_thumb.jpg

Harry -

If you could do Recaro's for me like the one's in this pic for 500 (plus shipping from PR), but in blue, we need to talk.

Pic credit to the guy on e-bay that was selling his Verona 02 about 6 or 8 months ago....

I'll post pics of mine once they're done. If the guy is up to it, a few '02ers could ship the Recaros together inside a "LDN" container and ship them back and forth for less money. I think three pairs might fit in one. The LDN container measures 54" X 54" X 56".

ldn_container.gif

Getting back to the Alpina diff cover, could these be the same people on this ebay auction?

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/BMW-Alpina-Style-Finned-Differential-Cover-2002-320i_W0QQcmdZViewItemQQcategoryZ34208QQihZ008QQitemZ180251216729QQrdZ1QQsspagenameZWDVW

The pics are the same ones....

you could also just get the seat kits done and sell them. Thus letting the owner's do their own installation.

To the guys that have these diff covers- Is the performance difference

real noticeable - or only when you are driving the car hard?

there would be no noticeable difference in performance that you could tell-unless you had a temp meter for the diff! This only would add to the cooling effort of the diff oil.

That is an Alpina deal. They do fit an 02 with some modification the to the brackets that hold the OEM carrier. You have to widen the holes in the brackets about 1/2" to the outside.

different fin arrangement to the alpina cover. Nice piece and better value this side of the pond with the exchange rate - hmm, might have to treat myself.

BTDT years ago. OR the mounting location can be properly modified/fabricated to hold the differential in place correctly. Simply widening the mount holes is well....obvious.

When you guys actually come up with something new let me know

alpinadiffcover.jpg

for $800 bucks I would do a cooler and lines and save a bunch of $$ in the process

for $800 bucks I would do a cooler and lines and save a bunch of $$ in the process

but a finned cover has more bling! How would you pump the oil round the cooler?