martinsmith

RHD 2002Tii steering box

11 posts / 1857 viewsLast Reply

those of you that have a RHD 02... are the internal works of the steering box different in the LHD to the RHD box?....

post-4454-13667590928722_thumb.jpg

They are a mirror image, I understand.

If you are chasing one, Ireland Eng. had a reconditioned RHD steering box although it was quite awhile ago I saw it.

Looking at the 2002 parts book; the Housing, Worm & mating Steering Shaft are all different (opp hand). It would appear though, that the Bearings, Shims etc are the same.

yes I spoke to him and he said he sold it a couple of months ago.... mine is leaking like crazy so I'm looking for somebody that can rebuild them... he did say he had someone and I'd like to hear from anybody that has had their streeing box rebuilt in SoCa...

Chris.. how is you RHD steering box working... are you happy with it?... are there any leaks?...

Martin,

I haven't installed the steering box since my car is still in the paint shop. But I did examined it and it appeared to be a top notch job. I think you can send your old one to ireland eng and have them rebuild it for you. i'd definately get back to you once I install it, see how it goes. Btw, where are you located? Do you drive a RHD car in the US?

Martin,

I haven't installed the steering box since my car is still in the paint shop. But I did examined it and it appeared to be a top notch job. I think you can send your old one to ireland eng and have them rebuild it for you. i'd definately get back to you once I install it, see how it goes. Btw, where are you located? Do you drive a RHD car in the US?

I'm in Hollywood 100yards from where the photo(top of page) was taken and yes I drive a RHD... I've owned it since 1984 when I bought it in the UK when I lived there(20yrs) and just shipped it last Feb... it had been in storage since 1997... where are you located?...

post-4454-13667591022626_thumb.jpg

post-4454-13667591023449_thumb.jpg

I'm currently in Jakarta, Indonesia but also spends lots of time in the Bay Area. Actually I live in OC for a year before moving back here.

Anyway, besides the steering box, RHD and LHD car also don't share the same brake booster, header.