lach

Help, AC hoses and firewall...

8 posts / 1300 viewsLast Reply

Hi

Can anyone with a Behr AC unit take a photo or tell me where the hoses are coming from the engine compartment through the firewall?

I am looking at a car that has this setup, but the hoses are really low, almost near the floor on the passanger side.

Thank You!!

Don't have the ability to post a pic right now, as wife took camera out-of-town to a wedding, but, the Behr system on my ' 75 has both hoses passing thru the firewall as far outboard as possible (passenger side) and right under the cowl, above the flared-out area for the passenger footwell.

Dealers in the US were presumably provided w/ the template for the hose installation, but that doesn't mean they followed it. Not like something done by Otto @ the Factory. Hope this helps a little.

Bob Napier

On three different 02's I have seen them installed three different ways, but my favorite of all was one were they had run the lines behind the headlight and through the passenger side fender well. There is tons of space above the wheel and it was by far the cleanest installation Ive seen

Here is a photo of the hoses in the passenger side on this car.

post-12976-13667590930298_thumb.jpg

Here is a photo of the hoses in the passenger side on this car.

oh man, i cant imagine who did that. ive never seen anything like that.

That's wrong on a couple of different levels.

I don't know how they work on the behr unit - but on my frigiking, they enter right behind the glove box.

You can't see any hoses with the trim pieces in place.

Definitely no big holes in the passenger side floorboard.

Ken

That is an unusual routing for the hoses. My Behr equipped sunroof tii has the hoses tucked up close to the console, then routed below the coil to the compressor and into the front bulkhead. I've seen many cars like this (using the template from the Behr instruction manual).

I have at least one good shot. E-mail me at jlenham@gmail.com and I will send them as an attachment, they are too big to post here.