mike

Latest in the seemingly unending locking gas cap key saga-

5 posts / 1110 viewsLast Reply

this pertains to the early, polished gas caps with round, diecast keyhole openings, not the later two styles.

The latest batch of key blanks (ILCO H62VG) I received were also made incorrectly and won't fit into the gas cap keyhole, so I sent 'em back, with a detailed description of the discernable difference between the blanks that fit and those that don't (all are numbered identically). Hopefully they listen carefully this time and actually check the blanks before they send 'em.

I'll advise on the board when (and if!) I get correct blanks. There will be ten in the bag, and at least two are spoken for (I have your $$). If the next batch is no good, I'll send your money back and think about plan B.

Ain't messin' with old cars fun?

mike

Mike: Thanks for doing our homework for us....again. An put me down for one when you get the problem solved.

All the best,

John Blake, Cincinnati, OH

Mike, I'll go for 2. What do I owe you? Thanks!

Mike:

Believe it or not, I actually had a NOS BMW locking gas cap with original matching keys (still in the box)...the thing was gorgeous..the round early style with the Roundel logo....it never made it to the car...went up in flames with all the other spares parts. Crying shame!

John