jlandreth

Early seat belt recommendations?

11 posts / 1842 viewsLast Reply

My car is a 71 and has the 3-point mounting hole below the rear-side window. I don't want to drill or weld tabs on to the B-pillar and I'm O.K. with the inconvenience of the earlier style. I believe the ones from Mobile Tradition are the 72 and-on style. I've been driving with only an old Willans lap belt. Any recommendations/ Thanks

my 69 25 years ago and they're working just fine--happy to share how. Let me know if your car has the shoulder harness mount on the door post or under the rear quarter window. You can make either work.

mike

Just installed a pair (new) I got on eBay for $79 or so last week - others available. TEasy install and they work fine, but I like my original Repas better. Am thinking about refurbishing my original retractors which won't fully retract. Have tried oiling but no better, so am ready to tackle the retractor spring. I know it's a ticklish job but what's to lose? Anyone know how to remove the black plastic retractor spring cover? Tried prying but it just won't budge.

Are you looking for a set of early three point Klippen belts? I've got a set around here somewhere. Want me to look for them? macitz attt core dottt com.

mac.

Just installed a pair (new) I got on eBay for $79 or so last week - others available. TEasy install and they work fine, but I like my original Repas better. Am thinking about refurbishing my original retractors which won't fully retract. Have tried oiling but no better, so am ready to tackle the retractor spring. I know it's a ticklish job but what's to lose? Anyone know how to remove the black plastic retractor spring cover? Tried prying but it just won't budge.

Once that cover comes off be ready for the spring to uncoil like the snake in the can trick, only better. Once they come apart they usually will not go back together. Good luck!