• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Any opinions on electric heaters?

Guest Anonymous

Guest Anonymous

I saw a little about electric fans today 'elsewhere' but don't really know anything about them. Does anyone here have them? Good or bad idea? I have to do something about my stock heater, not sure if it works or not, leaks though (not sure if the box itself does though) and thinking those don't look to bad. Do they come with fans that will replace the stock fan? Thanks for any info or advise anyone has.

Guest Anonymous

New fan around US$120, $30 to have your heater core overhauled by a radiator guy and probably another $120 for a heater valve. Alow 20 bucks for new foam and rivets etc and 2-3 days 'cos you don't want to rush it.

Guest Anonymous

cheap (but temporary) fix. They do work, and in a small cabin like the '02 probably would get you through the winter safely if installed right (hard wired and fused.) However, they draw substantial current, and I'd think your alternator would have to be much beefier than the stock '02 35 or 45 amp, or your battery will expire.

Guest Anonymous

I wondered about the draw on the batt. I was thinking I might upgrade to a bigger alternator anyway and this would be another reason. Not sure whether I'll do it or not, if I do though, it won't be for a while. Thanks everyone who replied.