Sign in to follow this  
Guest Anonymous

Alignment ? for CD(Sorry he sold it!)

2 posts / 688 viewsLast Reply

Guest Anonymous

In a recent post, CD mentioned that the stock steel wheels has holes in them to permit accurate front end alignment. I am curious about the setup used to measure the toe used at the dealership. Was it nothing more than a glorified caliper? Is there a picture? I can understand why it might be more accurate to measure at the hub or the hub centerline, but I would think the measurement would be more precise using a perpendicular perspective at the outside diameter of the tire. Sort of like using the scribe mark in the middle of the tire.

I am aware of the using the string method that you and JohnA have described. Interestingly enough, I have tried the string method and the scribe with trammel method, and have not noticed any difference. They both work well, unless you don't have enough string!

TIA