• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Tom's Stealthy Schwarz Build

oz_tom

Looking good, I have started work on my car yet again. Trying to get a heap done before I move down to wodonga albury in about 2 weeks! Have you got your brake issue sorted yet? Also I what power figures are you thinking of after boosting (psi-hp)

holy negative camber batman!!!

02 Golf Yellow cruising the border of NSW/VIC!

tii pistons, 293, double valve springs, 40mm DCOE's, sump baffle, sway bars, lowered, 5spd, big brakes, 3pc wheels, bucket seats. Approx 150+hp

• Replies 101
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Unfortunately (fortunately?) life is busy and the 02 has been somewhat on the back burner, but my aim is to be turbo'd and ready to run by my birthday this year (September), whether that be with the built motor or the stocker.

Parts aquisition continues though: Forged pistons, S14 Rods w/ ARP bolts, 2.3L S14 crank and some other bits.

IMG_0438.jpg

IMG_0443.jpg

IMG_0444.jpg

IMG_0445.jpg

IMG_0447.jpg

Asleep, poking out an Alpina for proof its her!

A stroked turbo, nice! What are the HP/TQ goals? WIll be a nice complement to all the $$ you sunk into the brakes and suspension ;)

70 M2 2.5L 

Tom - if you make it to Melbourne give us a bell and we'll hit up the spurs for a drive with the 02ers down here. Brake issue has been put on the back burner while the car sits. Glad to hear you've made some movement on your car.

Kris - with this turbo, it should boost nice and early in the rev range but for that i've sacrificed a bit up top. 200kw (270hp) is perfectly attainable. Having said that, we'll just see where it goes and keep winding it up until it gets there. There is a bigger .86 housing available for the GT2860RS (I'll run the .64) so if it runs out of puff that is always another option without changing too much. Are you still going to go coilovers Kris?

6780296635_13fa58faa3_b.jpg

72tii - Whitey

74 - Blacky

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
A Valiant?! Haven't you ever heard of finishing one project before starting another?? (Don't worry, I'm currently on the lookout for a WB V8 Holden...). :)

Yep! '69 with a 318. Im going to crack into the bodywork over easter. Dry storage since '83 when it was brought off the road so there is very little rust.

The WB has been one of my all time faves. I love the styling of the thing.

72tii - Whitey

74 - Blacky

• 1 month later...

Progress has been made! Brake boosters deleted and wow, im sure glad they're gone. New Yokohama S-Drives in 195/45r15 are on also. New oil and filter too and ready for the 2002 cruise tomorrow now!

4628866656_87ed5a6afa_b.jpg

4628866658_8ed84c1bcd_b.jpg

4628257637_252c47312f_b.jpg

4628257643_4167962df4_b.jpg

4628257645_2bf55c1719_b.jpg

4628257649_93fceedebd_b.jpg

4628257653_2ce5998884_b.jpg

To do in the near future: Remove rear spring pads and re-hang doors

72tii - Whitey

74 - Blacky

• 6 months later...

Been a little while but thought I'd throw this up. No go fast bits added, just a bit of fun attending some of the 02 drives and general tinkering. Put it up on the hoist and cornerweighted it and added the BBS RS wheels. New set in the works!

It was sitting about 1cm higher on one side so I removed a spring pad and that helped a lot with the balance (left to right - about 2%) and height.

Just a snap shot for anyone interested:

Without driver = 1000kg exactly with a full tank of fuel (1071kg with me)

Including me in the drivers (RHD) seat, weight distribution was 55% front, 45% rear.

Being a right hand drive car, weight was more on the right hand side 47.3% - 52.7%, particularly the right hand front (whoda thunk it)

IMG_1663.jpg

IMG_1636.jpg

72tii - Whitey

74 - Blacky

There was a set of those Gottis in 15" for sale on a VW forum down here, fully restored, but they were 15x8 all round! Super nice wheels though.

The next set will have a silver centre and I'll run a half height cap. Can't wait!

72tii - Whitey

74 - Blacky

• 7 months later...

Well, update time. Since December, those silver BBS were fitted and sold - loved them but the gold suited the black better and the silver looks much better on Alex's slammed Agave beast!

I ended up buying a turbo motor with 700 k's on it recently. The convenience factor is huge and it will save me a lot of time and money in terms of getting the motor built, sourcing parts and then tuning etc. The gent that built it is now going to run an s50 turbo in his e30 so out this came in favour of that.

Spec:

M10 2.2L - Dyno 295rwhp @ 17psi

8.5:1 CP forged pistons

S14 crank

S14 rods

Metric Mechanic ported head with turbo spec cam

ARP rod bolts and head studs

Cometic MLS head gasket

Ireland Eng. heavy duty race rocker arms and locks

Nissan S14 throttle body on ported intake

S14 oil pump

550cc injectors and custom fuel rail

Ceramic coated 666 Fabrication manifold

Garrett GT28RS turbo

Wolf v500 Engine Management with wasted spark (tune already done)

IMG_2082.jpg

IMG_2083.jpg

IMG_2085.jpg

IMG_2086.jpg

I must be close to Harv now in the time its taking to do this project?

72tii - Whitey

74 - Blacky

• 5 years later...

It has been about 5 years since my last update. Living in London and life in general have stopped progress, but happily I have been able to keep the car and fully intend to keep it for years to come. Looks like there is even a new 'blogs' area of the forum too now, and i'm in the Archive!... Time to crack on with this build!

6780297627_c24dcc0a86_b.jpg2002-6247 by James Burrell, on Flickr

Edited by oz_tom

72tii - Whitey

74 - Blacky