Biscuit3

It's Karl Time!

11 posts / 2381 viewsLast Reply

I know this probably happens to everyone on this site, when you get caught up in other things and the 2002 is still around, but doesn't get much attention. It happened to Karl. So far throughout this year I've been moving from job to job, looking for jobs, training, moving, in and out of relationships, etc. and Karl, who is still my lovely daily driver, kinda started to collect dust. Not cool.

I'm all sorted now and just as I realized that, I realized how tired Karl looked. I hadn't washed him in about 3 months, his birthday had gone by and he didn't even get a party like I had wanted because I had to work. And the only story I had to tell was the time he recently had broke down on the side of the freeway for the first time.

I'm slowly making plans now as my life slows down more and I have a stable income again. I washed Karl for the first time and man, did it take a lot of scrubbing! I had moved his brand new cylinder head, rear trailing arm, and other miscellaneous parts out of garage at my old place and actually wondered when am I ever going to actually use these! I looked into buying a set of shock absorbers (bilstein or boge, still yet to be determined), but it seems as though you can't buy them over the net in Australia, but that is one of the first things I need to get done and will be by the end of the month. He's also booked into the body shop on June 9th for his annual "de-bubbling" and a little welding needs to be done on the left hand door.

Other than that, I am getting excited about Karl again! Like really excited, just like in the early days. There is always something to do and I'm just glad he is still there when everything else isn't. Waiting patiently for another upgrade. Like I said before, I know I'm not the only one who's ever gotten into a slump with the car, and maybe this will help someone who reads this to become inspired to start work again on it! I know it will keep me going.

PS. The last boyfriend thought I was crazy for referring to my car like a person. Towards the end, he was referring to Karl as Karl too! I think he was more crazy for being in denial! I know I'm not the only one, there is more of us on this site than he could ever imagine. Non-2002 drivers just don't get it!

I know what you mean, sometimes others stuff has got to come first...

And for referring to your car like a person, I'm still looking for a name for my inka tii. If any of you guys have one.. shoot!

Thanks,

Maikel

Welcome back Ash! I'll shoot you some pics of my car, I'm at the same stage of excitement as you.

Btw, I've finally named my ride. He's officially known as Putt Putt.

I was wondering how things were down there.

Life goes on here in Florida (USA) too.

The good thing about a car is it only tries to do what you ask, and rewards investment with tangable improvement.

Welcome back Ash! I'll shoot you some pics of my car, I'm at the same stage of excitement as you.

Btw, I've finally named my ride. He's officially known as Putt Putt.

What a good name! Hopefully you don't go all out one day and start rhyming with the name Putt Putt. I like your display picture. I tell you what, if I didn't already have 2 tattoos that are for 2002's, I'd get that one as well!

So let me get this straight. You ignore your car, and cheat on me. Bad girl. You deserve a spanking.

post-1769-13667590037347_thumb.jpg

post-1769-13667590038243_thumb.jpg

Sorry Master.

Indeed. Call me, Spankmaster.

post-1769-13667590088357_thumb.jpg

My pic is acually one of a set of three paintings I've done for my apartment. I'm thinking of selling some on the FAQ. Not sure if anyone is as crazy as I am to have an 02 on the wall in the living room...