Rick74

Back from A1 (pic)

19 posts / 1820 viewsLast Reply

Thought I would share a picture of my car. After 6 months with JP (neither of us were in a rush) I have my '02 back. I definitely used the FAQ resources to the fullest! :) I met JP after all the praise given to him which is very fitting and accurate. He is a great guy with a passion for these cars. He even let me come in on Friday's and weekends to help with the grunt work which was very cool. We had a lot of fun figuring out some challenging fitment issues, and I am very happy with how it came out.

I now have Lee's gigantor brakes, cj's Rota's, a bunch of parts from Ireland, parts from BLUNT, pkbinplano's rear deck cover, alpina02's pedal box, GC coilovers and some other stuff of which I am forgetting. Also, I want to thank JimK for being so generous as to tune my Tec3 from Denver (I am in the BayArea) over email. It is really running well.

Anyway, happy 02'ing!

P1010338.jpg

i saw your car on the rack a few times when i was at A1 - i gotta say that i envy the underside of your car a lot ! you guys really dialed in the brake set-up and more. bravo to you and JP - he really does know his crap - and is easy to work with.

are we going to see this car in person on the 17th at the bay area gathering ?

hope so.

hang in, jim h.

Lookin' good Rick. That's definitly going to be alot of fun at the track.

Cris

Looks great, I particularly like the stance. What are you running for springs and shocks? How firm is the ride? And yes, I know that question is subjective. HOpe to see it at the show in May.

JP is actually working on my car with similar pedal box. this will delete the tii brake booster and clear up mucho room in the engine bay. I will post pictures of the unit and the install once files are uploaded from pictures taken at his shop.

Thanks for the kind words. I do hope I can make it to the show. Grover, I am using Koni shocks and Eibach springs, coilovers front and rear, and the ride is very firm and can adjust to be VERY firm. I like the ride plus I don't drive it on long trips or anything. The pedal box was modified to delete the booster. Terry Forland up near Seattle built it. He has built some really cool cars...www.racecraftnw.com. JP is going to build a similar setup for Terry's incredible M2. Hope to see you guys on the 17th!

Cudo's to you and the car. JP showed off your pedal box when I stopped by to talk shop. He was very proud of it as I think yours was his first install of this type. Could be the future mod everyone does in the next decade.

I foresee a lot of used tii boosters coming on Ebay soon.

So you say your car is out of JP's? maybe I can get mine in next.

See you on the streets.

I have seen their race cars at our local track. The Datsun Bluebird tears strips off almost everything that it competes against-esp the 02's (unfortunately for Ron and the guys). They are very nicely prepared.

what roll bar is that in your car? Very nicely done car.

I saw that Bluebird at Infineon last fall, so nice.

The roll bar was made at TC Design in the Bay Area. I would have bought an Autopower bar, but I wanted it tied in to the rear shock towers.

the shop that did your work is located where? how much was the bar? thanks

Looks amazing Rick... how are the GC coilovers? (ive got a set coming over soon)

Cheers,

Tom