JohnC

EDIS question - Tach wiring

4 posts / 902 viewsLast Reply

For you EDIS folks out there,

Did you wire the #2 pin on the EDIS module directly to the old negative coil lead that drives the tach? Did you need the diode method described in the EDIS section of the megamanual, or did a direct wire lead work for you?

Is it necessary to use a shielded wire?

Thanks!

I am using the diode method and it works great. You don't need shielded wire to the tach but use shielded wire for the signal else where.

jake

I am using the diode method and it works great. You don't need shielded wire to the tach but use shielded wire for the signal else where.

jake

Thanks Jake,

Did you try it without the diodes first?

I'm not an electronics guy. I imagine I can buy the diodes at MarVac in Pasadena, but do I need a small chassis or something to mount them on? What did you do? Any pics?

I used shielded from the VR sensor to the EDIS, and also used shielded for the PIP and SAW leads. Is there anything else that should be shielded?

BTW, what year is your car? Mine's an early '70 manufactured in '69. I read somewhere that the older tachs are different, but don't remember where I saw that and I have no idea if that's true.

Yes I did try it without the diodes first but it did not work. I don't have mine in an enclosure. I just wired them to the edis module and then used heat shrink over all the leads. Sorry no pictures of that.

I have a 70 with a silver dollar tach and it works without a hitch for mine.

If you need more detail I can explain more.

Jake