m20ohtwo

M20 swap driving impressions

6 posts / 1531 viewsLast Reply

I've finally started driving my m20 2002 after several snafu's delayed completion for several months. I forgot how much I love my 2002.

There is so much more torque- I was actually quite surprised. The only thing I can compare it to is my 383cid chevy nova, but of course this car is much more civilized and sweet. As I drive and look out over the hood I feel the long six out in front of me and it all just feels right. I can't wait to take it out on the track. I'm also content to sit and listen to it idle in the driveway- its got nice lump to it thanks to the 323 cam and the straight through magnaflow muffler.

I was thinking I'd have to turbo it, but I don't think that will be necessary.

The only thing I wish I did was lighten the crankshaft and flywheel more- even though I took the flywheel down to 17 pounds. The lack of engine braking with an m20 is creepy. Having all those cylinders means more power per cubic inch of displacement - but also more rotating weight.

The MS still needs some tuning, particularly in the accelleration enrichment area. I also have a leaking gas tank now because the car was sitting for so long!

"I was thinking I'd have to turbo it, but I don't think that will be necessary."

thats what they all say/ youll be used to that power in a few months and be looking for more. at least thats how it normally goes

congrats on getting her done. im really close on both of mine. cant wait... ive been out of 02's for a couple months and miss them

"I was thinking I'd have to turbo it, but I don't think that will be necessary."

thats what they all say/ youll be used to that power in a few months and be looking for more. at least thats how it normally goes

congrats on getting her done. im really close on both of mine. cant wait... ive been out of 02's for a couple months and miss them

i can confirm this. but i'm in search of more NA power ..for now.

torque is king, and with the m20 you get lots of it. What's not to like??? It is a very smooth six - amazing power. I got the pleasure of driving a couple and they are impressive. Totally different animals. You really have to hang on that steering wheel! Congratulations!

OKAY SO I WAS THINKING OF PUTTING THE M20 MOTOR IN MY CAR BUT I AM NOT SURE WHAT I NEED ALL IN ALL. ALSO WHAT IS THE DISPLACMENT, I THOUGHT IT WAS A 2.7 LITRE BUT NOT SURE. ALSO KORMAN OFFERS THE STROKER KIT FOR THAT MOTOR AND I THINK IT IS A MUST HAVE. I CURRENTLY HAVE A 2.2 LITRE STROKER MOTOR IN MY 74 2002 AND IT IS AWESOME. BUT ANYWAY I NEED TO KNOW WHAT I NEED( LIKE DRIVESHAFT, MOUNTS, REAR END, ETC.)

THANKS

STEFAN