• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

WOT.. Anyone have a boost sensative electric fuel pump.. or

Guest Anonymous

Guest Anonymous

know where I can get one... It's for a carborated motor. I'm getting to the point where I'm ordering my turbo and intercooler, prepin my 32/36 for boost and I also need to find out. Anyone know where I might find one or what the industry technical name for one is? Thanks

Kris

Guest Anonymous

is to deliver more fuel at the required pressure than the fuel system requires at maximum sustained load. The needle valve in the carb or the FI pump then meters that fuel to your engine.

If you're going with carbs, you need a relatively low pressure ~2 psi supply. If you're going with FI, you need much higher pressure ~30-40 psi. If you're looking to engineer your system for FI but run carbs first, replace your plastic fuel line with metal and install a pressure regulator. Check the archives and sources for the M20 conversion, that fuel pump setup should be more than sufficient for your neets.

Cheers!

John N

Guest Anonymous

into the float bowl to hold it at roughly a constant level. The jets and throttle plate meter the fuel to your engine.

Yours for greater clarity

John N

Guest Anonymous

Well I'll read more on it. Ya can't really run a drawthru system on an 02. The intake side of it would be so far that you're throttle lag would be immense. and I'm not moving to FI cause I don't like it(lame excuese I know). I really don't like the look of the wires. the different manifolds. It just looks so un 02. If I would do injection I'd have to use something like one of those holley projection things. Where it looks like a downdraft carb but theres injectors inside instead. But I like the simplicity of a carb and more or less the challenge of doing this. Everyone says it can't be done or its to complex. I'm down to my last few items to acquire and it's time to see if theory really works. If it works then I'll have a product to sell as well. A bolt on turbo kit for everyone running a stock motor and a 32/36 carb :) Thats only if it works though. Prob won't pass california emmissions though hehehe. We shall see how it does once all the pieces arrive in a week or two. It might blow up and explode into 30 pieces. It also might work fine and woosh like a machine.

Kris

Guest Anonymous

don't have to worry about keeping them equalized. The input runners 'downstream' will still be at a lower pressure.

All the needle valve at the carb does is keep the level in the float bowl constant. Fuel pressure has very little to do with it. If you're going to all the trouble of turbo'ing your motor, why aren't you moving to FI?

I've seen 'suck-through' systems that work reasonably well (hard to keep the air/fuel ratio proper over the boost levels you'll have). I've heard nothing but problems from people who tried positive pressure with carbs.

Cheers!

John N

Guest Anonymous

I'm running blow thru carburation so I have to

pressurize the float bowl. If I'm pushing a 2psi fuel

flow into a float bowl that has 8psi of positive boost

then I really don't think that the fuel is gonna fill it

up. let alone to push the floats open. Should

create a lean condition and shut off instantly.

Hence a boost sensative fuel pump. 8 psi fuel will

flow into a 8psi charged container aka float bowl

and lift them up. The idea is to keep everything the

same pressure in a positive pressure enviroment.

Maybe I'm totally wrong but this is what I've read so

far and heard about. Cheers

Kris

Guest Anonymous

I'm running blow thru carburation so I have to

pressurize the float bowl. If I'm pushing a 2psi fuel

flow into a float bowl that has 8psi of positive boost

then I really don't think that the fuel is gonna fill it

up. let alone to push the floats open. Should

create a lean condition and shut off instantly.

Hence a boost sensative fuel pump. 8 psi fuel will

flow into a 8psi charged container aka float bowl

and lift them up. The idea is to keep everything the

same pressure in a positive pressure enviroment.

Maybe I'm totally wrong but this is what I've read so

far and heard about. Cheers

Kris

Guest Anonymous

It'll work alright, I know many people that have used that carb as a blow through, you will have to mess with the jetting to get it right(as close as the carbs will get).I still think you will need a rising rate fuel pressure regulator to add fuel with boost. I know the fuel bowl will pressurize and that the differential will draw fuel out as it would normally. But with low fuel pressure into the float bowl it wouldn't be able to get the fuel inside from the pump.(my limited workings with carbs are with sportbikes and ram air, which doesnt exceed the fuel pressure)

Guest Anonymous

URL: http://movie.thedouginator.com/

I don't see why it cannot be done, sounds like a fun project!! I went fuel injected because I did not trust the 38/38 to run correctly/as accurately as the injection would. email me and send some pictures/info, I really want to see the progress on this thing...I'm making a huge website dedicated to the art of turboing the 2002's, my experience, others, so let me know.