• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

** 02 Nations Fest Cancelled?? **

Just saw on bimmerforums where Keith posted that 02 Nations Fest is being cancelled.

Not sure if that just meant his local region or the entire country/show. Can anyone elaborate? I saw that posts are supposed to be made officially across all boards/forums...

EVERYBODY:

Due to unforeseen circumstances, 02Nationfest has been cancelled for 2007.

Fear not -- The dream of a nationwide 02 event has not been lost.

We have high hopes of a bigger event next year with more regional event locations.

Thanks for your continued enthusiasm and support of such an event.

We also sincerely appreciate your continued support of the 2002 Registry and the Tii Register, the sponsors of the '02 Nation Fest.

This information is being posted on other boards by the organizing team.

Keith

1974 2002tii - "Stella"

http://www.my2002tii.com

--> 1968 2002 <--

V in V road trip this year. And I'm gonna miss seeing all the DC area folks.

NY1 know what happened?

Disappointedly

mike

'69 Nevada sunroof-Wolfgang-bought new
'73 Sahara sunroof-Ludwig-since '78
'91 Brillantrot 318is sunroof-Georg Friederich 
Fiat Topolini (Benito & Luigi), Renault 4CVs (Anatole, Lucky Pierre, Brigette) & Kermit, the Bugeye Sprite

V in V road trip this year. And I'm gonna miss seeing all the DC area folks.

NY1 know what happened?

Disappointedly

mike

Well, we'll just have to do something else then Mike!!!! This is the very reason I and another '02er from NC back in '98 started talking about a get together in the Spring of '99....all we had then was '02 Fest East in September each year @ Lime Rock. Thus, Mid-Atlantik '02 Fest came into being. Only thing was, I ended up having to do it by myself.

I'd be all for helping coordinate a get together somewhere this summer in the East if anyone else will help!

Just a laid back get together where we can all have fun...that can indeed happen with very little effort!

So other than Mike & me, who else will step up? :-)

Mit freundlichen Grüßen

John Weese

'72tii "Hugo"

'73tii "Atlantik"

'74 '02 "Inka"

'76 '02 "Malaga"

'72tii engine VIN 2760081 - waiting on a rebuild

"Keep your revs up and watch your mirrors!"

somewhere in WVA so we midwesterners won't have to drive so far! Or we could organize something here in Ohio if y'all wanted to come visit our fair state--The Air Force Museum is a great destination--best collection of military aircraft in the world.

Cheers

mike

Fiat Topolini (Benito & Luigi), Renault 4CVs (Anatole, Lucky Pierre, Brigette) & Kermit, the Bugeye Sprite

somewhere in WVA so we midwesterners won't have to drive so far! Or we could organize something here in Ohio if y'all wanted to come visit our fair state--The Air Force Museum is a great destination--best collection of military aircraft in the world.

mike

I'll lend a hand if it's in this area - WV, KY, OH etc. Hocking Hills would be an awesome place to meet. The fact it's twenty minutes from my house has nothing to do with my opinion of course. Suffice it to say there would be some enjoyable driving in the area. I'm thinking Kelly BMW would be interested in helping sponsor such an event if it was in their foot print.

My other vote would be Deal's Gap area.

Stacey
Columbus, OH
No cup holders, by design.
'76 O=00=O   '77 R100RS  '85 K100 '01 325CI   '05 330XI ZSP   '80 Porsche 911SC

Mike, we could SUPER-size the event I set up last Sept at John Bryan State Park with many more than the dozen 02's we had then. We would need a bigger site than John Bryan. If we were willing to drive to N.VA or KC, it would follow that folks might drive to Ohio for a gtg. We have some nice twisty roads incl. covered bridges in some places. I would be happy to work on such a project. Anybody else? (Actually one of my dilemnas is solved... I was thinking that I could not go to both 02Nation and Watkins Glen.)

'75 Sahara 2002 Dieter (sold)

'14 Blazing Red Metallic Mini Cooper

'73 Sahara 2002 Franz

Mike, how much room is there at the aircraft museum on the grounds? The more I think about it, with BMW's avaiation roots, the more it seems to make sense. Could they pull out a ME109 for photo ops? : )

Stacey
Columbus, OH
No cup holders, by design.
'76 O=00=O   '77 R100RS  '85 K100 '01 325CI   '05 330XI ZSP   '80 Porsche 911SC

at the Museum, or if that wasn't possible, meeting there to tour the Museum, then going to another nearby site to do our car stuff--peering under each other's hoods, uuuuing and ahhhhing over paint jobs etc...plenty of places around here for that.

And lots of motels near the museum for those coming in the day before.

mike

I was really looking foward to 02 NATION, it seemed like a creative idea for an 02 event. And I'm all about the creative.

Only thing I would suggest is to put the word out REALLY early for next year.

Hope this event will happen in '08 because it sounded like fun.

Scott

"SAVE 'EM FROM THE CRUSHER !"

I'll lend a hand if it's in this area - WV, KY, OH etc. Hocking Hills would be an awesome place to meet. The fact it's twenty minutes from my house has nothing to do with my opinion of course. Suffice it to say there would be some enjoyable driving in the area. I'm thinking Kelly BMW would be interested in helping sponsor such an event if it was in their foot print.

My other vote would be Deal's Gap area.

I'd second the idea of having it in Hocking Hills or somewhere else in the Southeast Ohio area, and thats not just because I live here. It's because we do have some of the best driving roads in the country, combined with great scenery. Car & Driver, Motor Trend, etc. often bring new cars here for testing. Some of their articles mention the roads of Hocking Hills being the major factor in helping them make judgements on cars.

Hocking Hills are great, but I'm a bit preferable to the more remote ridges such as SR 78 from Glouster to McConnelsville, and further onto Cumberland for The Wilds. The Wilds would be an awesome place for everyone to check out (www.TheWilds.org), and they might be cooperative. I've been all over some of the most beautiful places in this country, and The Wilds remains as one of my favorites.

I'd love to help out, but I'm really horrible at organizing events, and I'm busy. But if anyone is interested, the village of Glouster will be very cooperative in helping with anything (dad's the mayor). We've got Burr Oak Lake and Burr Oak Resort for absolutely beautiful, peaceful accomodations (http://www.burroakresort.com/)

After all, I left Hawaii because I'd rather live here!

Bring a Welder

1974 2002, 1965 Datsun L320 truck, 1981 Yamaha XS400, 1983 Yamaha RX50, 1992 Miata Miata drivetrain waiting on a Locost frame, 1999 Toyota Land Cruiser